Participant

Premium Channel Guide on Website

When I view my Channel Guide on the Spectrum website and list all the Premium channels starting at HBO (511), all are shown as HD channels. Is this an error? For any of my Premium channels, around half of each Premium network are SD channels. For HBO, MAX, Starz, SHO, etc., the Guide viewed on the website shows all as HD. Which is correct, or which should be? The actual channels I receive with my Premium subscriptions or what the Spectrum website has listed, with all  being HD?

2 REPLIES 2
Trusted Helper

Re: Premium Channel Guide on Website

@jhiller5 wrote:

When I view my Channel Guide on the Spectrum website and list all the Premium channels starting at HBO (511), all are shown as HD channels. Is this an error? For any of my Premium channels, around half of each Premium network are SD channels. For HBO, MAX, Starz, SHO, etc., the Guide viewed on the website shows all as HD. Which is correct, or which should be? The actual channels I receive with my Premium subscriptions or what the Spectrum website has listed, with all  being HD?

Sup?

The only requirement is a subscription to the CATV package, where the premium channel resides.  It's possible that your location has a bandwidth issue, and the SD channels on your cable box have not yet been updated to HD yet.  In what city and state are you located?  In many markets, I would say that 90%-95 of the line up is in HD.

Out of curiosity, what premium channels do you subscribe to that are not in HD on your cable box?

Satch

Participant

Re: Premium Channel Guide on Website

I am in the Bluffton, SC area and I subscribe to all the Prermium channels - the channel names still show the non-HD suffix and when I check the info for the program it indicates SD. I would think if my GUIDE for my area says they are all HD, something is wrong. I will contact support. I have been tied up trying to get adequate WIFI speeds for streaming movies with Netflix or Amazon on my Sony 4K Android TV and an older Vizio that only uses the 2.4 band. I would estimate for HBO, SHO, Starz, and MAX, almost half are still showing the old SD channel names like HBOSW, etc.