Browser

Poor On Demand service

I am not happy with how long it's been taking for TWC to add new episodes of shows to their On Demand. I use the On Demand to watch Turn: Washington's Spies because I work Monday nights. Usually, the new episode is on the day after it airs or Wednesdays but not only have they not added the new episode from this past Monday, they still haven't added the episode from the 13th!!! Are you kidding me TWC? You'd expect better customer service for the price we pay. A representative on TWC's facebook page said it's because AMC hasn't given them the episode yet. Oh please. The first 7 episodes from the current season were added in a prompt manner and now suddenly it's taking a while? Come on.

6 REPLIES 6
Trusted Helper

Re: Poor On Demand service

@nightwishfan wrote:

I am not happy with how long it's been taking for TWC to add new episodes of shows to their On Demand. I use the On Demand to watch Turn: Washington's Spies because I work Monday nights. Usually, the new episode is on the day after it airs or Wednesdays but not only have they not added the new episode from this past Monday, they still haven't added the episode from the 13th!!! Are you kidding me TWC? You'd expect better customer service for the price we pay. A representative on TWC's facebook page said it's because AMC hasn't given them the episode yet. Oh please. The first 7 episodes from the current season were added in a prompt manner and now suddenly it's taking a while? Come on.

Greetings,

Actually, it is up to the station owners to release the On Demand content to cable, dish, U-Verse, and Internet vending services in a timely manner.  The vendors have to wait for the station to approve the shows for download onto the network servers.  On Demand shows may show up in as little as two days from airing originally, or as much as two weeks out.  (Five days seems to be the average.)

If episodes are missing from the On Demand line-up, and they have not shown within say seven days of the original program air-date, subscribers of ALL rented vendors (Not just TWC/Charter) should email, or contact the station through any phone or social media outlet to inquire about the missing On Demand content.  When contacting the station you should always provide:

• Your name
  • Email Address
  • TV Provider
  • Show Name Missing From On Demand
  • Episode Name- or at least the week the episode was set to air.  You may need to look this up on line.  IMDB.com is a good reference for shows
  • Phone number if listed on the contact forum.

The best way to contact the station for inquires about missing On Demand Shows is through the stations web-site, and fill out the "Contact Us" forum.

Users should wait at least seven days, from an episode's original air-date before considering the content to be "missing" and contact the station at that time.

Satch

Valued Contributor

I would like to add that, to my amazement, TWC has drastically improved its Free On Demand coverage over the last year. I discovered this accidentally via their idiotic UI that often puts me into the list of all future airings after 'Set Reminder' is pressed.

I've also noticed that single episodes drop out for a short time. If the current episode is 10, the F.O.D list will show 9, 7, 6, etc. and skip 8 for a while. Very wierd, but not complaining too much.

The FOD coverage finally includes more science / nature / history channels that are low rated and apparently despised by customers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moto DCX3200-M set top box, ODN 8.0.0
Browser

That's exactly what TWC did with Turn. I just checked the On Demand and they have finally added the last new episode, which was episode #9 but still have not added episode 8. What is the deal? I don't want to watch the show out of order. Wake up, TWC. 

Trusted Helper

@nightwishfan wrote:

That's exactly what TWC did with Turn. I just checked the On Demand and they have finally added the last new episode, which was episode #9 but still have not added episode 8. What is the deal? I don't want to watch the show out of order. Wake up, TWC. 

However,

Please note my post above.  On Demand Content is provided by the host station, not the rented vendor.  This is not a TWC problem.  If show content is appearing out of order or missing and not there after a week, subscribers need to contact the station that supplies the content.

You would contact the vendor, in this case, TWC if your On Demand picture or sound is not working, or you have a pixilated picture that is not due to system maintenance.  No cable, U-Verse, or Dish provider has control over the content on VOD, except the licence agreement they have with the station to provide their VOD services.  The networks are totally responsible for providing the content to the vendors.

Satch

Valued Contributor

Hey Satch,

The big problem with this process for cable channels is that there is almost NEVER any direct support staffed with a knowledgeable person, Especially their 'social media'. The latter is stuffed with noise from inarticulate smartphone users. Local OTA stations are usually better but still lacking.

BTW F.O.D. may be saving the Graham Norton Show on BBC America. 

If episodes are missing from the On Demand line-up, and they have not shown within say seven days of the original program air-date, subscribers of ALL rented vendors (Not just TWC/Charter) should email, or contact the station through any phone or social media outlet to inquire about the missing On Demand content.  When contacting the station you should always provide:

• Your name
  • Email Address
  • TV Provider
  • Episode Name- or at least the week the episode was set to air.  You may need to look this up on line.  IMDB.com is a good reference for shows

The best way to contact the station for inquires about missing On Demand Shows is through the stations web-site, and fill out the "Contact Us" forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moto DCX3200-M set top box, ODN 8.0.0
Trusted Helper

@twc90250 wrote:

Hey Satch,

The big problem with this process for cable channels is that there is almost NEVER any direct support staffed with a knowledgeable person, Especially their 'social media'. The latter is stuffed with noise from inarticulate smartphone users. Local OTA stations are usually better but still lacking.

BTW F.O.D. may be saving the Graham Norton Show on BBC America.  

----------------------------------

• Your name
  • Email Address
  • TV Provider

I agree with TWC90250,

Sadly, that's just the way big businesses and the Internet are today most of the time.

Satch