Newcomer

PBS Stations Missing

My local PBS station KNCT has to my best knowledge gone offline permanently. As of yesterday all PBS stations are gone from my programming lineup. I  had read that it was to be replaced with the PBS affiliate from Austin, KLRU. Is this information correct? If so, when will the PBS stations be replaced? I know I am not the only one from the Killeen-Temple, Texas area that is wondering when Time Warner/Spectrum will address these missing channels.

5 REPLIES
Not applicable

no pbs on streaming app for roku

Hello, I have streaming only (stream tier) and I was getting pbs (knct). However knct went off the air permentally last week. I have seen that it was replaced by KLRU on regular cable, but it has not appeared on the streaming app yet. Is it ever going to be added or will I have to look elsewhere? 

Community Manager

Re: PBS Stations Missing

In your area, we have PBS (KLRU)  listed as available on channels 4 and 1221 as well as OTA.   

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Not applicable

I have called support already and talked to a very nice lady in video, who said that I should be getting the channels but did not know why I could not. She said she would look into the problem and to be patient but the channels still are not showing up.

Proven Sharer

Spectrum may have made a business decision to drop all but one PBS content feed so they only have to pay carriage fees to one station.  This is fairly common in more heavily populated urban areas where multiple stations affiliated with the same broadcast network all carry the same content most of the time.  The programming differences are usually local area news and locally originated material. 

It sounds like your channel package may have recently been modified by Spectrum. Sept 1 is a common date to make those changes effective, before the new fall season program lineup begins.

Newcomer

A PBS station that changed it's name to the Empire Network is gone. I really enjoyed a show called The Red Green Show. I 'v never  asked about a station before but this deletion is really bothering me. I live in Ontario, Ca. and was originally a Time Warner customer. I know changes happen all the time but why is this Network gone?