Highlighted
Newcomer

On Demand

Why do I have to wait to view older movies.. for instance I tried to view The Incredibles with my grandson but because it was airing in a week I had to wait. I could not watch it when I was ready and this happens every time I want to watch something that will air at a later date. I’m new to Spectrum. I have always had Comcast or AT&T and don’t limit how you watch on demand hence the name in demand. Am I missing something?
1 REPLY 1
Trusted Helper

Re: On Demand

@Noire wrote:
Why do I have to wait to view older movies.. for instance I tried to view The Incredibles with my grandson but because it was airing in a week I had to wait. I could not watch it when I was ready and this happens every time I want to watch something that will air at a later date. I’m new to Spectrum. I have always had Comcast or AT&T and don’t limit how you watch on demand hence the name in demand. Am I missing something?

Greetings,

Need clarification- Are you saying that you could not watch it because you had problems with picture or sound quality?  Or are you saying that you could not watch it because you looked for the show in the guide and it was not there to be viewed?  I will answer both questions:

If you can't watch because of bad picture or sound quality- This can happen when there is overnight system maintience or when Spectrum does system updates generally on Tuesday mornings between midnight to 6am.  Consistent On Demand Problems are almost always signal related, not box related.  In that case you would have to contact Spectrum for a signal and drop line test to check your signals and outside lines.  You would need to avoid rebooting any equipment for six hours prior to your service call, so that any error code signals on don't reset to zero.  Than, you would tune to the On Demand channel that is problematic when the tech comes so he can take a reading.  Bad weather, aging lines, animal chews can all cause problems with On Demand.  But if it doesn't happen that much, it could be due to updates.

If you can't find the movie- On Demand content is provided by Spectrum through the distributor of the film or station.  They control when the movie comes out, and download the films to the TV vendors.

A check shows that The Incredibles movie is offered in Spectum's On Demand library:

http://www.spectrumondemand.com/movies/MV001518070000/the-incredibles

What is happening when you try to start the movie?

Your comments above, "The show was airing in a week" and I had to wait.  If the show is airing in a week.  Than, there's nothing wrong with your box or cable lines and you would have to wait a week.  For example, today is March 2, 2019 and if the next airing is March 10th, you can't see the movie until March 10th.  The On Demand providers of the movies provide the Start Times and End Times for movies.

Satch