Not applicable

On Demand stops repeatedly

I have just gotten TWC and have tried the on demand feature of the networks (ABC, CBS,NBC, etc.) and EPIX On Demand programming.  In all cases the program or movie plays for a while and then goes off requiring me to press the "select" button again.  When I press "select" a message appears briefly and the show I'm trying to watch jumps back a few seconds and continues.  This happens every minute or so which makes it difficult to watch anything this way.  Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Expert

Re: On Demand stops repeatedly

bad signal levels, intermittent connections... Was this a new TWC install or used existing wiring?

If you have twc internet, copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages from 192.168.0.1 or 100.1 here. It should show intermittent problems.

Not applicable

I got TWC on existing coax which has not been used for at the last 4 years.  I think what you're suggesting is that I have a slow or intermittent internet connection.  I'd post the stats you asked for except I don't know how to get them.  Can you elaborate?  My internet and regular TV seems to be OK; only the on demand stuff stops agan and again.

Lead Moderator

We are sorry to hear you are having problems with your On Demand. If you are still in need of assistance we

encourage you to contact us directly for further investigation.

You can also contact our Social Media Care team at:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Expert

Modem signal and error logs are at 192.168.0.1 or 100.1

cable boxes can be seen by holding in the select button for 10 seconds then hitting the up arrow.

If your cabling and splitters are over 4 years old, there may be issues.

Also, nothing can be loose or corroded, there can't be any open splitter ports or cables off to empty jacks, modem should be on the first 2 way and cable tv devices split off the other port.

Intermittent noise causes the on demand stuff the most grief.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I called TWC and informed them of my problem. They sent a tech out and replaced the cable box and everyting is OK.