Browser

On Demand just....sucks

I tried using On Demand a few years ago, and it was such a painful process I never looked back. Unfortunately, I had set up a series of 20 shows to record. Only two of them did, and I'm forced to use On Demand for the rest.

How is it that I can't pause for more than three minutes before the box bumps me back to live tv??? Why do I have to search for each program from scratch each time. The only difference from before is that now it saves my viewing progress. But still. Kinda strange that it forces me to watch via On Demand, where I'm forced fed commercials.......often every five minutes, which is more often than a regular broadcast!

How is it this system hasn't improved over the past few years?????

4 REPLIES 4
Lead Moderator

Re: On Demand just....sucks

@diagoro  Good morning. I see you have posted multiple times about your 

frustration with the On Demand service. Please do keep in mind that we

do not determine which programs can be FF or not. That is up to the 

networks themselves. 

In regards to the problems you are having with your DVR we would be happy to 

look into that with you. 

If you can post a bit more information about the error codes etc we can 

investigate. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Browser

Julia, thanks for the response. It's not just the commercials, it's the whole On Demand system . I should be able to pause more than three minutes without being forced back to live tv. I shouldn't have to be forced to search through a buggy menu system over and over. My title says it all, and clearly Spectrum/TW hasn't updated the code in years.

Sharer

Have some of the same gripes about on demand through the stand-alone apps as well. Regardless which service I was using to authenticate to them, or if it was through the streaming service's API. It appeared to be an issue generated more from the content provider's side, and not the streamung service granting me access to that content. For a while, AMC and TBS/TNT were real bad. Sometimes AMC would just kick me back to menus from a live stream when a program ended.

If the channel has a standalone app, give that a try. If the concerns persist, then you may have your answer (may stem more from their end than Spectrum).

Trusted Helper

Greetings,

I have heard complaints about the kick back to live TV for On Demand.  I think this is a design issue.  The ability or inability to Fast-Forward through commercials is up to the station's themselves.  Spectrum has no control over that.

You should be able to get back to your On Demand shows by going to the On Demand Screen.  if it is not there press the On Demand button on your Remote.  When on the On Demand Screen, scroll down or across, depending on box type and software to where you see "In Progress."  Select that and you have a choice of being able to resume your shows where you left off, or start them from the beginning.  The progress list should show for ALL types of On Demand programing.  This includes Premium On Demand. (Requires a subscription to the main channel.)  Free On Demand. (Offered as a bonus, as long as you subscribe to the base channel in your package, and finally, Movies On Demand.  (Pay-Per-View movies, ranging from $1.99-$9.99 (average cost, $6.99.)  (This is a per showing price, with options to view generally between 24 to 48 hours.)  Time duration is included in the ordering descriptions.

REMEMBER, NO ON DEMAND CONTENT CAN BE DVR'ED!

Satch