Participant

On Demand - Spectrum

Please, no speculation/guessing/probably type answers.  Just want a somewhat definitive answer.

Will we be getting more channels in On Demand once Spectrum finishes their rollout?  It would be nice to see PBS On Demand.  I know other cable companies have contracts with PBS for On Demand, but not sure if Charter Spectrum does, or will now.

Thanks

Be kind when possible. It is always possible.
----- Dalai Lama
9 REPLIES 9
Lead Moderator

Re: On Demand - Spectrum

I can certainly understand your wanting a definitive answer on this. I am sorry 

to report that we simply do not have that information available at this time.

As things progress details will be released.

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Participant

@Twc-JuliaR wrote:

I can certainly understand your wanting a definitive answer on this. I am sorry 

to report that we simply do not have that information available at this time.

As things progress details will be released.

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Thank you, Julia. Smiley Happy  That was the answer I was looking for, but instead got that run around.  And I appreciate having the exchange removed.  Smiley Wink

Be kind when possible. It is always possible.
----- Dalai Lama
Spectrum Employee

@AgainToo , by writing about this, and having a moderator seen it, you've assured it'll get to the people higher-up who do make those negotiations & decisions.  So on behalf of a front-lines employee such as myself, thank you for writing it out / speaking up!  Feedback does count, even if not always can it immediately give us the answers were are seeking.  I'll be equally interested in the answer, when it's ready to be properly answered. Smiley Happy

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Newcomer

With you, AgainToo.  In fact, we are willing to drop TWC, cut the cable and do whatever combination of Roku, Hulu and PBS we need to do so that we can have PBS on demand.  Thanks for raising the issue !

Spectator

So, what has Spectrum done to on demand?  Half the on demand channels are locked, have been for two days. Just get the run around, there is a glich in the system, answer when you call. 

Good afternoon republicmck,

If you are still experiencing an issue with your On demand services, please contact us directly via the following LINK. As of this time, I am not able to see that an issue has been officially declared regarding on demand content. We will be happy to look into this for you pending receipt of your response. Please be sure to include the account or phone number and the name of the account holder for verification purposes.

Respectfully,

Melissa O.

TWC Community Forum Moderator

Spectator

I have contacted spectrum multiple times. I have been told there is a "glitch" in the system and they are working on it. Sorry, don't believe this excuse.  I have been told by all customer service reps that an email was sent out telling them of this problem. So, I am not sure why you are unable to find any information on this issue. I don't want to include any personal information in this email. All I will say I am in the central Kentucky area.  This has been going on since Thursday night. An appalling way to treat customers in a new market. I thought we had some problems with TWC but at least they never locked me out of channels I am paying for. 

Spectator

Have you seen what Spectrum has done with on Demand in my area? Seventy-five percent of On Demand is locked up. Due to a glitch, I am told. Very feeble excuse. How do you like your O n Demand from Spectrum now?

Not applicable

Hi Julia - You responded last October that you didn't have a definitive answer on PBS being available in the On Demand portal of Spectrum. We have waited 10 months. When will the negotiations between Spectrum and PBS be finalized? Thanks! Warren