Newcomer

No longer option to series record?

In the last few months I’ve noticed I no longer have the option to record series. I realized that The Blacklist wasn’t set to record but when I open the show the only open I have is to look at episodes or add to a watch list. Why?

To add: I’m trying to record on my spectrum receiver via the TV
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: No longer option to series record?

@Avanelson07 wrote:
In the last few months I’ve noticed I no longer have the option to record series. I realized that The Blacklist wasn’t set to record but when I open the show the only open I have is to look at episodes or add to a watch list. Why?

Greetings,

What is the make and model of your cable box?  Are you running the New Spectrum Guide or the ODN Navigator Guide?  Is this ONLY for the Blacklist program, or for all shows?

Typically, the New Spectrum Guide is on World Boxes, (Boxes without a clock.)   ODN-Navigator is on boxes with a clock in most cases.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you view Blacklist in the Guide?  Also, when you search for The Blacklist, are you searching through the keyboard system?  If you find The Blacklist in the Time Grid part of the guide, do you get Record Series options that way?

Finally, post your city, state, and zip.  All of this will help us determine if this is a problem with the series, or a listing problem.  This is most likely a guide data issue, not a box or signal issue.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Re: No longer option to series record?

@Satch wrote:

@Avanelson07 wrote:

Greetings,

What is the make and model of your cable box?  Are you running the New Spectrum Guide or the ODN Navigator Guide?  Is this ONLY for the Blacklist program, or for all shows?

Typically, the New Spectrum Guide is on World Boxes, (Boxes without a clock.)   ODN-Navigator is on boxes with a clock in most cases.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you view Blacklist in the Guide?  Also, when you search for The Blacklist, are you searching through the keyboard system?  If you find The Blacklist in the Time Grid part of the guide, do you get Record Series options that way?

Finally, post your city, state, and zip.  All of this will help us determine if this is a problem with the series, or a listing problem.  This is most likely a guide data issue, not a box or signal issue.

Satch

Update,

I have Series Record options for all shows EXCEPT The Blacklist.  All the episodes are On Demand,  This may not be a problem, rather a situation where for the next two weeks, there are no "New" episodes of The Blacklist to record in the system.  Guides go out 14-days ahead.

A Check of imdb's database shows that there are no new episodes for The Blacklist until March 8, 2019.  Therefore, the guide's behavior is correct for this show.  You should be able to set up The Blacklist as a series later this week, certainly by March 1, 2019 at the latest.  We have to wait for the guide to get the data for March in order to get new shows of The Blacklist to be able to record.  Meanwhile, you can catch up with the On Demand shows listed.  Here is the schedule for the show currently through IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2741602/episodes?year=2019&ref_=tt_eps_yr_2019

On the other hand, if you cannot record any series at all, that is a different issue, and you would need to elaborate with us further on that.  This is where the pictures of the guide when you are setting up a series would be most helpful.  But for The Blacklist, the listing data shows that there are no new shows in the system to set it up as a recorded series, until the next March 8, 2019  shows up in the search system.  (Near March 1, 2019.)

Satch