Highlighted
Established Sharer

No live news channels from ABC, CBS, etc.?

Hello.

Is it me or does Spectrum's cable TV not have live CBS News and ABC News like Fox News channel, CNN channel, Apple's CBS News app, etc.?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Re: No live news channels from ABC, CBS, etc.?

You are missing ABC, NBC, CBS and other channels?

Are you getting an error message? Perhaps we are not understanding the question.

Nearly all of our packages contain those channels.

Julia 

Highlighted
Helper

Spectrum cable does not include the 24 hour ABC or CBS news channels. They can be accessed for free through their dedicated apps though.

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Hi Ant,

I am also confused. Do you mean that the channels you mentioned are not containing live news PROGRAMING, or you are missing them on Spectrum with a blank screen?  Nothing that Spectrum can do about the CONTENT of the programs. That is determined by the broadcasters.

Jack

Highlighted
Established Sharer

@Satch wrote:

Hi Ant,

I am also confused. Do you mean that the channels you mentioned are not containing live news PROGRAMING, or you are missing them on Spectrum with a blank screen?  Nothing that Spectrum can do about the CONTENT of the programs. That is determined by the broadcasters.

Jack

I am referring to the 24/7 live news from ABC, CBS, etc. like CNN, Fox News, etc. It sounds like Spectrum TV doesn't carry them, but they are done online instead.

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

I am referring to the 24/7 live news from ABC, CBS, etc. like CNN, Fox News, etc. It sounds like Spectrum TV doesn't carry them, but they are done online instead.

As Jack previously said, the networks have decided to distribute their "24/7 Live News" programming exclusively through their own streaming services; Spectrum isn't involved.  But if they were, you and a million other subscribers would be screaming loudly that your monthly charges went up again. 

Highlighted
Established Sharer

Thank you all who answered. Smiley Happy