Rookie

Network changes show's time - does DVR know this?

When CBS (or any network) substitutes a ball game for a previously scheduled show (Survivor), does the DVR recognize this? Now Survivor will be shown on Thursday morning at 1:37am instead of Wednesday night at 8pm. My DVR is programmed to record the series on Wednesday nights. Will it automatically know to record Survivor when it actually shows later, in the middle of the night?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Network changes show's time - does DVR know this?

uhhhhh, no... all the time is set by the guide which only used what was listed at the time you pressed enter! any changes after that, like let's say a delay due to a breaking news delay, will result in your program being cut off at the originally printed time.

Rookie

Thanks for prompt reply. So I guess this means I need to program Record for whatever is showing in the newly set time slot? In this case, it's "paid programming" and "CBS Overnight News"....?
Expert

unless your dvr has an "extend end time" option

you need to manually set the start and stop times

Sharer

It depends how far in advance Tribune gets notice of the update in schedule. If they get it within enough time and sends it to TWC and TWC has enough time to send it down to all the boxes, you'll see the update.

Expert

@stannc wrote:

It depends how far in advance Tribune gets notice of the update in schedule. If they get it within enough time and sends it to TWC and TWC has enough time to send it down to all the boxes, you'll see the update.

Does that change the start and stop times if the program was set to record before the update listing?

I know it changes the guide listings and the start and stops for record commands requested after the updated listing.

Trusted Helper

@stannc wrote:

Right,

The DVR does not "know" when a sports game rain delay happens.  All you can do is set up the DVR to record the game or event, regardless of whether the time grid data has changed or not.  Than seting it up as "Record Show With Options" you can add extra end time of up to two hours from when the show would end in the Time Grid.  Typically is is always good to add at least one hour of extra time to Sporting Events, so that if they go into overtime, you don't miss any of the action.

Satch