Participant

Nasa

Hey Spectrim, how about adding the Nasa channnel??? I was in Tampa  Fla recently, and Spectrum down there has it. 

JJK
5 REPLIES 5
Helper

Re: Nasa

Observer

they had the nasa channel at one time i was on the guide to the world box with a key next to it meaning it was locked!!! i asked about that channel but the rep told me they don't offer it any longer. i don't know if spectrum didn't renew the contract or if nasa didn't. i am in so cal and we never had it though it's on the new spectrum guide in my area.

the one thing i would love for them to do is to get rid of the duplicate channels from the old twc days

Participant

Thanx. I was in Tampa a few weeks ago, and it was on Spectrum down there. Who knows!

JJK

JJK
Highlighted
Observer

i'm in so cal and i guess they had it but they told me they got rid of it. my guess it would be contractual issues. but one would figure it would affect everyone??? like you said who knows

Helper

It's all about carriage agreements, when they expire, and if they get renewed or not. Former Bright House systems in Florida carried NASA due to the location of Cape Canaveral and higher interest in the state. Former TWC systems carried NASA in some markets. I don't think legacy Charter offered NASA.  As those BH and TWC contracts run out the channel is no longer offered to new customers or those on Spectrum plans in those areas but it's still on the guide because some are grandfathered in.