Highlighted
Rookie

MeTV in Dallas gone?

Maybe it was upgraded out of my package but it's been gone since Dec. 12, 2019. Any explanation?  Can we expect it back?  It's the most watched station for me other than news and sports.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Helper

Re: MeTV in Dallas gone?

@Malvolio wrote:

Maybe it was upgraded out of my package but it's been gone since Dec. 12, 2019. Any explanation?  Can we expect it back?  It's the most watched station for me other than news and sports.

Per the Spectrum channel lineup page (zip 75150) it is available on channel 150 in the Silver and Gold packages. 

Spectrum Channel Lineup and Channel Guide 

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@Malvolio wrote:

Hello,

What is showing in it's place?

• A different channel?  If so, what channel?
  • Just gone from the guide?
  • A blank screen on that channel when it is tuned?

If it is a blank screen, try rebooting your cable box.

If the station has been replaced, reach out to ME TV through their Twitter page, and give your city and zip code, asking what has happened to the station on Spectrum Cable? Go here to their Twitter page.  Log in, or get a Twitter account and send a Tweet:

https://twitter.com/MeTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Satch

Highlighted
Rookie

It was channel 150 and now my filter doesn't see it. I have the Pick 10 channel deal and it was a part of my local package. It's just gone now.  I presume it was removed from my package but I just don't know.

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@Malvolio wrote:

It was channel 150 and now my filter doesn't see it. I have the Pick 10 channel deal and it was a part of my local package. It's just gone now.  I presume it was removed from my package but I just don't know.

Hello,

It is possible that this channel was moved to Spectrum Select and above packaging.  You have Spectrum Choice, which I thought included the locals plus 10 additional stations from a selection of about 60 channels.

You could also reach out to @Ask Spectrum on Twitter and see what they say.  Log into Twitter or get an account and follow them and ask about the status of METV, if Spectrum still has it in your market, and the minimum level of service from Spectrum needed to get it.  You will need to do the following:

1.) Get an account on Twitter or log into Twitter with your account

2.) Follow the @Ask Spectrum Twitter page here:

https://twitter.com/Ask_Spectrum

3.) Direct Message (DM) your Account information and ask if METV is still in your market and about the required minimal level of service needed for METV.

4.) Call Spectrum Customer Care to upgrade to that level of service.

It is possible that METV wanted more money in your area when the existing contract expired in your market, and Spectrum had to move it to a higher level tier of service.

5.) Ask about any promotions or discounts to which you may be entitled to if you choose to upgrade your level of service to get METV when you call.  It sounds like this channel is very important to you and your family, so you will want to seek out what is going on with that channel in your market, and hopefully will be able to get it back at a fair price if an upgrade is needed.

Satch

Highlighted
Rookie

Thanks so much for all of this.  I will hit the twitter guys up about this. Nice to remember that I'm in Spectrum Choice.  Didn't really remember what it was called.  heh...

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Newcomer

It would seem that Spectrum may had removed MeTV channel for some unknown reason (such as less viewers, etc.). The only way to receive the channel is to use an TV antenna (ATSC tuner) or another TV provider. Click Here for a list of sources available for your local market.

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@cp0015 wrote:

It would seem that Spectrum may had removed MeTV channel for some unknown reason (such as less viewers, etc.). The only way to receive the channel is to use an TV antenna (ATSC tuner) or another TV provider. Click Here for a list of sources available for your local market.

To add to this with an update,

METV is a sub-channel, who's host station affiliate determines who owns the channel in that market.  Now that I think about it, the BEST BET is to contact the main owners of METV, Weigel Broadcasting, if you have lost METV. on Spectrum.  Give them your City, State, and Zip code, and inquire as to METV's removal in your market:

Here is Weigel Broadcasting's Website: https://weigelbroadcasting.com/  Contact information is further down the page.

Inquire as to the following and post when the answer is known:

• Why has METV been removed from my market on Spectrum Cable?
  • What can be done to get it back?

Satch

Highlighted
Browser

wonders if it's a contract thing??? you might want to try an antenna to pick it up. seems like more and more providers are loosing channels across the board as the stations get greedy. 

Highlighted
Spectator

MeTV is still on Spectrum channel 150 in Dallas.  I'm watching it as I reply to this.   I have Silver.