Newcomer

MLB channels

Why do the MLB channels have NHL game times and info showing? Why can't I watch the Astro and Yankees game that's playing? It's not in our blackout area. Also why won't the HD channels work doe MLB? 

3 REPLIES 3
Established Sharer

Re: MLB channels

I apologize for the service issues. This is community support. For more immediate support you would need to either call in to 1-800-892-4357 or reach our team via Twitter @twc_help or Facebook.com/twc.

Newcomer

Same issue for me in Carlsbad,CA.

It's my opinion it's the llimited sports channels. You can get the Baseball day games in HD, but right now no evening games in HD. The NHL and MLB share the same set of channels at least where I live and at night the prime time games are going to Hockey.... Something I could care less about.

The hockey season is over on the 10th, but I consider this a big rip to be honest.

Browser

Basically, the entire 700s, at least on my system, is MLB, NHL, and NBA. If you subscribe to any of the packages, they turn on the entire set, because games can be shown anywhere. Once the NHL regular season ends, it should free up more slots for MLB. Sadly, they don't have enough HD slots.

Solution is to use the MLB.TV portion of Extra Innings. All games there stream in HD. I'm still waiting for my account to authenticate, as TWC sees the potential issue. That way, I know I'll get to watch HD and also have more likely access to the feed I want (my team's feed vs the opponent).