Rookie

Re: How much is your monthly cable bill/internet package with spectrum?

I'm paying $200 per month for cable/internet/phone here in Queens NY.    That's with a single cable box/DVR, no premium channels, my own internet modem/router, and something they claim is "boosted" internet service that actually speed checks at just a little faster than my previous service and nowhere near as fast as Spectrum claims.

Before the Spectrum takeover I was paying $115 for almost exactly service through TWC.  Now my rates have zoomed up exponentially over the past several months, and some channels have even been cut from my package.  But calls to Spectrum to address this and to cut back on these outrageous price rises have only elicited ludicrous intelligence-insulting responses about how lucky I am to be a TWC "legacy" customer and to be receiving a "discount".  All they seem to offer are slightly lower priced Spectrum plans that severely cut the services I would receive.  

Oh, and my reception is intermittently awful, but several service calls have done little or nothing because they are unwilling to spend the money to replace the line drop to our apartment building that is clearly the cause of the problem.

I used to think that TWC was a horrible company, but Spectrum really takes the cake for penny-pinching, customer-disrespecting service.

Not applicable

I'm paying about 121 for TV and internet here in Green Bay, WI. One cable box without DVR, and I bought my own internet modem. Here's a copy and paste of my bill:

Spectrum TV™
Spectrum TV Select 64.99
Basic TV & Expanded Basic TV Services
Promotional Discount -30.00
Spectrum Receivers 4.99
Digi Tier 1 12.00
Digi Tier 2 0.00
$51.98
Taxes WI State and Local Taxes 2.90
Fees & Charges Franchise Fee 3.26
FCC Regulatory Fee - Cable 0.09
$6.25
Spectrum TV™ Total $58.23
Spectrum Internet™
Spectrum Internet 64.99
Bundle Discount -11.00
$53.99
Taxes WI State and Local Taxes 2.70
$2.70
Spectrum Internet™ Total $56.69

Other Charges
Broadcast TV Surcharge 6.05
Other Charges Total $6.05
Current Charges $120.97

Rookie

220.00 3 boxes internet and cable.  They are super high in cost.  Also, they interrupt shows you're watching by doing a very loud supposed to be a weekly test but it's done more than once a week.

Browser

$82, SpectrumTV Select (basic, expanded basic, Digital Tier 1, and one receiver)

$54, Internet

$9, taxes & fees

$145 total. Not bad, but considering chopping the TV service soon as we really don't watch as much as we used to.

Highlighted
Observer

$208 and change for one cable box with standard package, internet and phone.  Seeing everyone else's charges, I assume that's about normal. I remember when I could get cable for $50 a month. So long to those days.