Not applicable

How do I block a particual show over all channels?

Hi

thanks Jason

8 REPLIES 8
Expert

Re: How do I block a particual show over all channels?

I don't think you can... unless it's pg or R rated and you block all pg or R rated programming in the parental contols.

Trusted Helper

@Jasonmm wrote:

Hi

thanks Jason

Hi Jason,

TWC does a very good job at protecting families and children from shows that may be objectional to them and/or their kids.  A first step is to set up a blocking pin, a four-digit number that you can use to prevent the viewing of certain show content.  Than, you will need to turn on the parental control options in Settings using your pin to do that.  You can block by the following:

Time

Rating

Channel

Title

Tip: If you block by rating, that rating and all ratings above it will be blocked as well.  For example, if you block PG-13 ratings you will also block everything above it such as R, X, Adult, NC-17.  The link below will provide help for setting up Parental Controls for all TWC devices:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/tv/topics/tv-parental-controls.html

Write down your pin number and keep it in a safe place!  The default pin is usually OOOO but you can and probably should change this.  You may need to enter the default pin to set up parental control for the first time.  If not, you will just need to enter the Pin number of your choosing, and than re-enter it for confirmation if prompted.  You can also set up Purchase pins for PPV and VOD that have money involved.  The PPV purchyase pin can be the same as your Parental Control Blocking pin or different.

You must also turn on Parental Control after setting up your blocking options, or the parental controls will not work!  Feel free to contact TWC for any additional help and support needed for this issue if you have additional questions or concerns.

Satch

Not applicable

This is unhelpful

I dont want to block a channel , I dont want to block a rating or a time , I dont want to block a title from appering on the menu

I want to block the show "Family Fued" on every channel , at any time , when ever it airs , where ever

My little brother has Austim and reacts poorly when ever the family wins the big money

is this possiable ?

thanks J

Trusted Helper

@Jasonmm wrote:

This is unhelpful

I dont want to block a channel , I dont want to block a rating or a time , I dont want to block a title from appering on the menu

I want to block the show "Family Fued" on every channel , at any time , when ever it airs , where ever

My little brother has Austim and reacts poorly when ever the family wins the big money

is this possiable ?

thanks J

Hi Jason,

So sorry to hear that!  There might be a workaround.  You may not be able to block JUST Family Feud, but you could try the following to block all channels with a Parental Control Blocking pin on which Family Feud is shown:

1.) Go to the Guide on Your Set Top Box.

2.) Search for Family Feud and print or write down the channels that it airs. GSN is one, TV Land I think is another, and your local syndicated station is another.

3.) To prevent your brother from seeing the show, you will need to set up a Parental Control Blocking pin for each station on which Family Feud airs.

4.) You will need a pin # for parental control, and in order to view that station's content, would have to enter that pin # to unblock the channel.

I think the only time you can block a specific title is due to a Parental Control Blocking Rating that you set up  would be for shows such as a movie or TV rating, or for adult content such as Sex, Language, or Violence. The problem is because Family Feud, in your case, requires a specific program block and not a general content block, you will have to AFAIK, block all stations with your Parental Control Blocking Pin, on which Family Feud airs.

If anyone has any other ideas, please post.

Satch

Everyone's Tags (7)
Expert

Family feud is on local broadcast starter tier... Good luck blocking it.

Spectrum Employee

Unfortunately, it is not possible to block just one particular show.  The only options for blocking are what has been stated by your forum peers.  I can certainly submit feedback to the relevant product teams, that this is something you would like to see in future product enhancements.

Rookie

Yes, please send in a request to TWC to start offering this choice.  I too have a couple particular shows I need to block.  It would be helpful if we could just choose to block specific shows/movies on all channels all the time without having to block an entire channel and put in a code.

Browser

There is a off button and a change channel button on your remote.