Not applicable

Hiding channels in the guide

I already have my guide set to my subscribed channels, but I'd like to pare that down even more to remove the channels I don't want to see. Is this an option yet??
6 REPLIES 6
Trusted Helper

Re: Hiding channels in the guide

@Afowdy1003 wrote:
I already have my guide set to my subscribed channels, but I'd like to pare that down even more to remove the channels I don't want to see. Is this an option yet??

Not at this time,

Satch

Expert

Which box? Some allow a favorite list or a childrens list... not DTA's

Helper

Yeah you could lock them out parentally if you have no intentionof ever watching them. A custom list would be a nice feature, but contractually the channels would not be happy.
Spectrum Employee

The majority of our boxes allow you to set Favorites, and then you can filter your guide to display only your Favorites.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Trusted Helper

@DSchroeder wrote:

The majority of our boxes allow you to set Favorites, and then you can filter your guide to display only your Favorites.

That is one of the nice features with the Guide Filter.  I have mine set to Subscribed. Press Guide Button twice to select your desired Channel Filter or to change the filters for the channels shown in the Time Grid.

However, I think the customer wants to have the filter also hide channels in the search.  You can't do that yet.

Satch

Not applicable

I ended up going through the entire line up and adding all the channels we watch to my favorites list, and setting the favorites as my chosen guide. Time consuming, to say the least!!