Seasoned Contributor

HD Channel Discrepancies Between Different Boxes/Areas

I am in Los Angeles, CA, 90024. I have noticed that ever since the Auto-HD lineup was implemented under Time Warner Cable ownership, on the newer boxes running the Navigator software, The Weather Channel only shows up in HD on channel 211, and is labeled in the Guide as WEATHD. The lower channel number for The Weather Channel, 50, shows up in SD, is labeled WEATHER, and the picture is postage stamped. On the older boxes with the iGuide, both channel numbers for The Weather Channel are in HD. I know this because I have a couple of friends who have the older boxes.

In my parents’ area, 90045, both 211 and the lower number (in their area, 39) are HD on the Navigator boxes.

I have called in countless times and they say they will forward this info to the headend tech, but nothing has changed.

I hope that when the new Spectrum Guide comes out, that will solve this issue.
2 REPLIES 2
Trusted Helper

Re: HD Channel Discrepancies Between Different Boxes/Areas

@Joey1986 wrote:
I am in Los Angeles, CA, 90024. I have noticed that ever since the Auto-HD lineup was implemented under Time Warner Cable ownership, on the newer boxes running the Navigator software, The Weather Channel only shows up in HD on channel 211, and is labeled in the Guide as WEATHD. The lower channel number for The Weather Channel, 50, shows up in SD, is labeled WEATHER, and the picture is postage stamped. On the older boxes with the iGuide, both channel numbers for The Weather Channel are in HD. I know this because I have a couple of friends who have the older boxes.

In my parents’ area, 90045, both 211 and the lower number (in their area, 39) are HD on the Navigator boxes.

I have called in countless times and they say they will forward this info to the headend tech, but nothing has changed.

I hope that when the new Spectrum Guide comes out, that will solve this issue.

Hey,

Just to confirm, is Weather Channel HD on both stations?  (An HD picture?)  Gracenote does the listings for the guides, so Spectrum would have to contact them.  Would not hold my breath for the new Spectrum Guide anytime soon.  They have been saying ":Later this year" for the past two years.

I think the Navigator Guide, the advanced ODN 8.0 version, on qualifying boxes looks and is better than the new Spectrum Guide.

Satch

Highlighted
Seasoned Contributor

Re: HD Channel Discrepancies Between Different Boxes/Areas

It depends on the area and what box. I have noticed that in my area, 90024, The Weather Channel is an HD picture on only the higher number (211) on the Navigator boxes, with the lower number (50) having an SD picture and bring postage stamped; whereas on the older iGuide boxes, both the lower number (50) and the higher number (211) have an HD picture. I have friends in the same zip code as me with the iGuide boxes, which is how I noticed this.

In my parents’ area, 90045, they have the Navigator boxes, and for them there is an HD picture on both 211 and their lower number, 39. Not sure about the iGuide boxes in that area.

It sounds to me like a channel mapping discrepancy in my area between the older and newer boxes.