Newcomer

Guide

Spectrum uses Gracennote Inc. to provide the station guiide and program description.  

Graceote frequently leaves off the release year on movie descriptions and shows "runtime" as the broadcast time rather than the runtime of the movie.  I suppose this is so we won't know how many minutes of commericals they have inserted.  Also, they often list a paid channel for a program when there is a broadcast channel also broadcasting.  ( i.e. will show the NFL channel on the guide when the game is also on a over the air network).  They also provide limited program descriptions.  They should checkout the ROKU guide as a good example.

Gracework Inc. is a metadata organizatioin that appears to need some advancements in their algorithms.

1 REPLY 1
Trusted Helper

Re: Guide

@Kwhoughton wrote:

Spectrum uses Gracennote Inc. to provide the station guiide and program description.  

Graceote frequently leaves off the release year on movie descriptions and shows "runtime" as the broadcast time rather than the runtime of the movie.  I suppose this is so we won't know how many minutes of commericals they have inserted.  Also, they often list a paid channel for a program when there is a broadcast channel also broadcasting.  ( i.e. will show the NFL channel on the guide when the game is also on a over the air network).  They also provide limited program descriptions.  They should checkout the ROKU guide as a good example.

Gracework Inc. is a metadata organizatioin that appears to need some advancements in their algorithms.

Also,

On the latest Guide Update, the year of release for a movie is often off by a year.  Sometimes more than that.  The movie Animal House, released in 1978 has a year in the 2000's!  Sometimes in the search the year will be correct, but if you click on the More Info button, the release will be off by a year.  Other times the opposite is true, the initial release will be off by a year, but when you click on the info button, the year will be correct.  It has been that way since the release of Navigator ODN 8.0. at least on all of the ADSG boxes.  These include Arris, Cisco/Technicolor, and Samsung models.

I reported this to Spectrum.  But I don't know if the movie year bug is a Spectrum problem, or a Gracenote listing problem?

Satch