Newcomer

Getting rid of LA finest ad

Anyway to get rid of the obnoxious LA finest ad??? I'm not a spectrum customer to watch their killer original content... I'm a customer because it's my only option...
8 REPLIES 8
Lead Moderator

Re: Getting rid of LA finest ad

Good morning!

Thank you for your feedback on this. We appreciate the time you have

taken to join us in the forums to provide that. 

Forums are intended for peer to peer support. Should you ever need some 

assistance with troubleshooting an issue please visit us here!

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Helper

Whatever the reason for being a Spectrum customer, you are. Spectrum has something they want the subscribers to watch therefore they will advertise it. If advertisements bother you that much then you may want to turn off the tv, radio, internet, don't look at billboards...heck, even church bulletins and school play flyers have ads. 

LGT
Contributor

There are ads and there are ads.  Yea billboards exist but if someone erected a 40 foot one right outside your front window you would not be happy.  And you probably would not be too happy if someone else’s  response to you was “hey billboards are everywhere suck it up buttercup”. Spectrum puts plenty of commercials in their programming as it is. They don’t need to clutter up their already clunky guide with more junk. I am with the OP. These ads are annoying and over the top.  The only thing they have accomplished for me is to guarantee I will never watch LA’s Finest. 

Observer

For a company that is HEMMORAGING subscribers and has been quarter after quarter after quarter, this ridiculous move just shows how out of touch Spectrum is. Alternatives look better and better with each stupid move like this. Well done Spectrum.

Helper

Numbers can be spun any which way you like, but Charter's 1st quarter earnings were up 51%. Yes, traditional cable subscribers are down quarter over quarter but new internet subscribers are up at least double the tv losses...plus new Spectrum Mobile customers.

Highlighted
Newcomer

It would seem the ad showing is a part of the content provider terms when using Spectrum TV cable subscription, in order to increase exposure and for viewership ratings purposes.

Observer

if a content provider is making there own shows and films trust me they will asvertise em on there service. and more than likely you won't be able to remove em because they want you to watch them. we have more ads today than ever before on t.v. news papers the internets even some cell phones with free 411 have ads that play before they give you the number you requested!!! some companies track you as well to see what you might be interested in also!!!

Valued Participant

Something tells me the OP is referring to the one that pops up in the guide when one is searching. It is quite annoying because it makes it harder to see when you are scrolling through.