Not applicable

EAS TEST STAYS ON SCREEN

Once the emergency alert is over it stays on the screen and it doesn’t return to the channel we were previously watching. I try to switch channels but the alert won’t dismiss. I have to reboot the cable every time to get rid of the message. Help! (Living in northeast OH we get lots of emergency weather alerts!!! This is soooo annoying!)
7 REPLIES 7
Trusted Helper

Re: EAS TEST STAYS ON SCREEN

@Pamela2021 wrote:
Once the emergency alert is over it stays on the screen and it doesn’t return to the channel we were previously watching. I try to switch channels but the alert won’t dismiss. I have to reboot the cable every time to get rid of the message. Help! (Living in northeast OH we get lots of emergency weather alerts!!! This is soooo annoying!)

Hello,

Is the problem still there?  If so, the cable head-end may have the message stuck in the system.  What is your zip code?

Since this forum is only lightly moderated and if you need faster help, feel free to contact the AsK Spectrum Twitter Page.  Log into Twitter or get a Twitter account and follow them.  Tweet to them about an Emergency Weather System that won't leave the screen in [City Name], Ohio, with zip code.  Let them know that you have rebooted the box and that the error persists.

Spectrum will have you Direct Message (Private Message)  them on Twitter if they need account information.  I have seen this issue happen before with other customers, and it turns out to be that the notice gets "stuck." at the head-end headquarters.  Here is the Ask Spectrum Page on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ask_spectrum?lang=en

Satch

Browser

@Pamela2021 wrote:

I would recomend recording a video of this happening when an emergency alert is issued so you can show the technian what is happening. Once you have that happening on video you will need to call into support to schedule a trouble call so they can rule out any signal issues and can esacalte this issue up to their leadership.

Rookie

I have experienced this issue as well, except I do not have to reboot my STB.  I am able to tune to a different channel after the EAS shows a black screen with a Linux Fedora login prompt, like this: 

Fedora release 10 (Cambridge)
Kernal 2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i586 on an i686 (ttyl)

dasdoc login:  

I am in 75010, which is north of Dallas. 

Lead Moderator

Does this happen on all of your cable boxes? 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I only have one cable box, so yes!  Man Frustrated

Community Manager

We apologize for any service issues.  We are not seeing a known issue with the EAS System.  If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Rookie

Yeah, I did contact the support number.  They were of no help.  The next time it happens I am going to try to record a video of it.