Browser

Channel lineup question

I'm new to Spectrum and it seems as though there's no organization to the channels. SD channels are mixed in with HD channels. Sports programming is in different channel ranges.

It almost seems like this is the result of the Time Warner and Charter merger. Just throw all the channels of the two separate companies together and this is the end result.

I'm constantly searching for networks (i.e. NFL, A&E, etc.).
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Channel lineup question

@cb_2367 wrote:
I'm new to Spectrum and it seems as though there's no organization to the channels. SD channels are mixed in with HD channels. Sports programming is in different channel ranges.

It almost seems like this is the result of the Time Warner and Charter merger. Just throw all the channels of the two separate companies together and this is the end result.

I'm constantly searching for networks (i.e. NFL, A&E, etc.).

Hello,

We can try to help with this.  What guide do you have from this list?:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/which-guide-do-i-have-t?redirected=true

Most of Spectrum's Guides  have sorting options and search options to find your networks easily.  In what city and state are you?  Provide your zip code.

If you have one of the last two guides on the page known as I-Guide or SARA, you likely have one of the older boxes.  Spectrum's newest boxes run modern cable guides such as Navigator (ODN) and The New Spectrum Guide.  Both modern software they contain easy sorting and search options.  How long have you had your cable box?  How well does it run?

You can print your channel line up here as well as do various sorts of packages for your area:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/printing-your-channel-lineup

Satch

Browser

I have the Spectrum 210 box, so I have the "spectrum guide" style with the black remote. Intrestingly, there's no yellow button on the black remote to access the guide options.

As far as performance, there's always a momentary delay between when I press the guide button and when it actually shows up on the screen. Once the guide loads, I can usually only scroll through what is visible. If I try to scroll down to see more, the guide seems to freeze up for a few seconds before working again. This has acutally been an issue since day 1 of service. I recently tried to do a soft reset of the box to see if that would help, but knowing how the guide or box responds, I just typically turn it on and just watch whatever is on from the last tuned channel and then about 5 minutes later or, I scroll through the guide.

As far as organization, my last provider had everything organized. Every channel in the 1000's was HD. The 1000's tended to be the local channels and basic cable channels; 1600's were sports like ESPN, NHL, etc. 1800's were the movie channels. With Spectrum, there isn't any organization making it hard to find what I want to watch.

I live in 43081 and found the lineup. I'm going to have to compare it with what's on the actual guide because it seems to be different.

Trusted Helper

@cb_2367 wrote:

I have the Spectrum 210 box, so I have the "spectrum guide" style with the black remote. Intrestingly, there's no yellow button on the black remote to access the guide options.

As far as performance, there's always a momentary delay between when I press the guide button and when it actually shows up on the screen. Once the guide loads, I can usually only scroll through what is visible. If I try to scroll down to see more, the guide seems to freeze up for a few seconds before working again. This has acutally been an issue since day 1 of service. I recently tried to do a soft reset of the box to see if that would help, but knowing how the guide or box responds, I just typically turn it on and just watch whatever is on from the last tuned channel and then about 5 minutes later or, I scroll through the guide.

As far as organization, my last provider had everything organized. Every channel in the 1000's was HD. The 1000's tended to be the local channels and basic cable channels; 1600's were sports like ESPN, NHL, etc. 1800's were the movie channels. With Spectrum, there isn't any organization making it hard to find what I want to watch.

I live in 43081 and found the lineup. I'm going to have to compare it with what's on the actual guide because it seems to be different.

Hello,

I have included Spectrum Guide Help data from the Support Center on how to sort channels, show only subscribed channels, (etc.) These pictures will give you the steps: (Click on each one to see the Guide Tips.)

New Spectrum Guide- Channel Sort.jpgNew Spectrum Guide- See Subscribed Channels Only.jpgSpectrum Guide- See Favorite Channels Only.jpg