Browser

CW - WWMB not in HD in Georgetown County, SC

If you live in Horry County SC(Myrtle Beach the CW is on ch 1212 and in HD. I live just over the county line in Georgetown County and the CW is in 1213 and not in HD. No one seems to know anything about this.  Any help?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: CW - WWMB not in HD in Georgetown County, SC

I apologize for any frustration. Programming decisions, including the format to provide content, are made by the networks.  I included a link for feedback and Channel Requests.  

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Spectrum Employee

@kjpjr wrote:

If you live in Horry County SC(Myrtle Beach the CW is on ch 1212 and in HD. I live just over the county line in Georgetown County and the CW is in 1213 and not in HD. No one seems to know anything about this.  Any help?

Affiliate programming can be tricky sometimes for what it seems should be the same channel/content.

In Myrtle Beach WWMB is the CW affiliate while in Georgetown it's WCBD. Both are owned by different companies and most likely have different programming arrangements.

If you're looking for CW content in HD, try Channel 14, which according to the TWC Channel line up is the CW satellite feed.

Per TWC Line Up:

Georgetown/Debordieu, SC

14 - CW (satellite feed)

Links:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/tv/channels-lineup.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_CW_affiliates_(table)

I am a TWC employee and my postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s strategies or opinions.
I am posting of my own volition; not on the clock nor being paid to share this post

Browser

Ch 14 is a Grand Strand shopping/resturant feed it is not the CW. The channel guide says that 1213 is WWMB. So I still do not have a solution.

Browser

ch 1213 the CW WWMB is the Myrtle Beach station, at least the ads are from MB and reflect WPDE its parent station. So why no HD when it is in Horry county.