Not applicable

Annoying On Screen Channel Logos

Is there any way to disable those on screen channel logos?  If not, I am probably going to discontinue my cable service.  I have simply had enough of the cable companies assuming I am too stupid to know what channel I am watching. Why should I spend money on a large screen tv to only lose a percentage of the screen to this asinine practice of tv channel logos? 

3 REPLIES 3
Valued Contributor

Re: Annoying On Screen Channel Logos

@15walker wrote:

Is there any way to disable those on screen channel logos?  If not, I am probably going to discontinue my cable service.  I have simply had enough of the cable companies assuming I am too stupid to know what channel I am watching. Why should I spend money on a large screen tv to only lose a percentage of the screen to this asinine practice of tv channel logos? 

That is not TWC doing this. ALL service providers have this same thing going on. If you have a problem, speak to your broadcasters. They place that on their channels

Expert

If you do a zoom or overscan, ir will probably pull the logo off the screen... They're doing this for stupid and useless copywrite protection

Not applicable

Very annoying! As long as I am paying for what is shown on my TV screen, I should have a right to say what I do not want on the screen.  Certainly, this technology has to be available; it is just a question of when and whether the providers want to listen to their customers.

David