Contributor

All Disney on demand content is gone

What's going on? Is this because Disney has their own streaming now? Considering my household uses spectrum to watch Disney stuff 95% of the time I beleive I'll be getting rid of my tv service if this is the case.
8 REPLIES 8
Proven Sharer

Re: All Disney on demand content is gone

Something most cable customers don't understand is that if Disney (or any other programming provider, including local over-the-air stations) says "No more streaming of our channnels," then FCC rules dictate Spectrum must turn them off, regardless of any financial considerations with their existing subscribers (you and I).  And that's how it happens. 

Browser

@g35greek wrote:
What's going on? Is this because Disney has their own streaming now? Considering my household uses spectrum to watch Disney stuff 95% of the time I beleive I'll be getting rid of my tv service if this is the case.

I have access to Disney's on demand content on my boxes and have access to their TV everywhere section in Cincinnati Ohio. If you do not have access to their on demand content you would need to contact Spectrum Phone support at 1-855-949-1369 to further troubleshoot and if necessary for them to file a ticket to get this issue resolved.

Contributor

Browser

@g35greek wrote:
Looks like I'm not the only one
https://www.fastcompany.com/90427790/disneys-cable-viewers-say-on-demand-content-is-disappearing-a-w...

Thanks for the link clarifying what you were talking about since I thought you meant you could not access the on demand section of Disney. I can imagine a lot of TV providers are not going to be happy with what Disney with them virtually pulling off all their full length shows.

Contributor

While i understand they are within their rights to pull the content, it's basically a little more Disney greed kicking in.  Not Spectrum's fault whatsoever.  My granddaughter is gonna go bonkers!!  Woman Mad

ant
Established Sharer

@Geezer64 wrote:

While i understand they are within their rights to pull the content, it's basically a little more Disney greed kicking in.  Not Spectrum's fault whatsoever.  My granddaughter is gonna go bonkers!!  Woman Mad

Time to get Disney+. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Contributor

@ant wrote:

@Geezer64 wrote:

Ain't happening.  Not gonna buy into more of their greed.

Helper

@Geezer64 wrote:

@ant wrote:

@Geezer64 wrote:

Ain't happening.  Not gonna buy into more of their greed.

Do you happen to be a Verizon customer? They are throwing in Disney+ for free.