Highlighted
Rookie

Re: Ads in Guide

That's it? The moderator comes on and says, "sorry, you have to just deal with it"? I think it's time to check out what Sling has to offer. 

Browser

@chancemcgee wrote:

That's it? The moderator comes on and says, "sorry, you have to just deal with it"? I think it's time to check out what Sling has to offer. 

I do not know what you were expecting them to say. Their is no way for the ad's to be disabled and in additon the moderator passed on the feedback to corporate which is all they can do. If the ad's in the guide are a deal breaker than feel free to move on to another provider for TV service.

Proven Sharer

@chancemcgee wrote:

Spectrum's Channel Guide service operations are contracted from a third-party provider, ostensibly as a subscriber convenience feature.  Most likely THEY can't raise their long-term contract price to Spectrum, and are just trying to make a little bit more profit for their shareholders. 

The next time you talk with your stock broker or retirement plan advisor, ask him if you own shares in a mutual fund that includes one or more of the cable TV or entertainment programming outfts.  You might be surprised at the answer.  As Walt Kelly and Pogo said decades ago in the funny papers, "We have met the enemy and he is us."