Newcomer

Ads in Guide

Within the last few days Ads are now appearing on the guide. Specifically one for LA’s Finest. Cuts the amount of channels you can see in half. For such a pricy service we shouldn’t have to deal with this. One more reason to push me away from my cable subscription.
12 REPLIES 12
Observer

Re: Ads in Guide

In my guide it reduces the channels from 7 to 5.  I agree it is very annoying.

Lead Moderator

@Socals  @13 

Thank you for your feedback on this. We appreciate the time you have taken to 

join us here in the forums to let us know how you are feeling about the advertisement.

Hope you are having a good day! 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

DLW
Newcomer

I totally agree.  We just had a rate increase and now they want to put ads on the channel guide.  It really ticks me off.  Google is looking better and better.  Spectrum you are greedy. I started shopping around yesterday.  You pretty much just pushed my last button.  

Rookie

They just  started this In my area, I can only see two dam channels because of their advertisement.  If they want to force us to see their ads then cable should be free. Why am I paying for this garbage if it is now going to be advertisements. Anyone have a better suggestion than complaining with the BBB? 

Observer

Add me to the list.  These ads are annoying and unneeded.  If you want to throw one in between channels 2010 and 1 for LA's Finest, fine I get that.  But to have them scattered throughout is annoying and now there's one for Game of Thrones.  It's uneeded clutter that reduces the amount of channels viewabe in the guide , sometimes by 2.  

The more you do stuff like this, the more it drives customers away.

Observer

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Put an end to this stupidity immediately. For a company that is HEMMORAGING subsribers and has been quarter after quarter after quarter, this ridiculous move just shows how out of touch Spectrum is. 

Like so many others, myself a 10 year customer of TWC, it is (edited) like this that is pushing me to look at alternatives. Spectrum...your decision makers who think up crap like this are running the company into the rocks. Congratulations. And soon a farewell.

Observer

When the human brain is in what I would call "list scanning mode",  it scans data without reading it using pattern recognition.  This works well when the list (database) it uses, has consistent fonts and consistent divisor grahics and a consistent screen location.  This works even whent the list only takes up part of the screen.

However, when the consistency of the list (database display) is broken up by graphic advertisements, it forces the brain to shift out of "list scanning mode" abruptly.     This causes stress which is an irritant.   Daily multiple irritatations of your customers who can afford your service is not a profitable long term business model.

Not applicable

Does anyone know a way to disable this?
Incredibly annoying “feature”.
When you think Spectrum’s service couldn’t get any worse...
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Good morning.

There is no way to disable this. Thank you for your feedback on this. We do appreciate that.

Hope you have a good rest of the day!

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums