Not applicable

AMC on demand not working

I have been trying to watch some shows on AMC using the on demand feature when accessing the tv guide on spectrum but the only option it is giving me is to restart the show that is currently playing on AMC. I've tried rebooting my cable box and messaged spectrum tech support with no fix. This is frustrating, and now i see the amc app on firestick isnt working either.

7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable

Re: AMC on demand not working

Any ideas??
Helper

@bigchevy79 wrote:

I have been trying to watch some shows on AMC using the on demand feature when accessing the tv guide on spectrum but the only option it is giving me is to restart the show that is currently playing on AMC. I've tried rebooting my cable box and messaged spectrum tech support with no fix. This is frustrating, and now i see the amc app on firestick isnt working either.

Support for the AMC app on a Firestick would need to be taken up with AMC or Amazon directly.

So let me see if I have this right... On your cable box you go into the On Demand menu, navigate to the AMC offerings, select the show you want to watch, then the box only shows you the currently playing show on AMC and gives you the option to restart that show?

Browser

@bigchevy79Tried AMC on demand on laptop and TV with Apple TV via Spectrum TV app.  Both work fine for me going to browse>networks>AMC and then choosing series.  I did this choosing Fear the Walking Dead and chose random episode and played fine.  Of course not using Fire TV like you are.  Was it always working for you before?

Edit:  I think the problem is you are choosing from the program guide.  You need to go to Networks and then AMC.

Helper

@DoctorA wrote:

Edit:  I think the problem is you are choosing from the program guide.  You need to go to Networks and then AMC.

Based on another reading of the original post I think you're right. Trying to access On Demand from the guide grid of a specific network isn't really the right way to go.

Not applicable

It seems to be working now, but is missing current Walking Dead episodes. maybe they are just updating things. It just weird how the Amc app for the firestick stopped working at the same time.
Helper

@bigchevy79 wrote:
It seems to be working now, but is missing current Walking Dead episodes. maybe they are just updating things. It just weird how the Amc app for the firestick stopped working at the same time.

It makes sense that AMC On Demand and the app were both having problems at the same time since the network is the one making the On Demand offerings available to Spectrum.

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@bigchevy79 wrote:

Yes,

There was noted downtime of account systems, phone systems, and box searches yesterday until about midnight when the databases came back.  On Demand is a part of those systems.  I think that there were updates.

The host network is responsible for providing the On Demand content to the TV vendor.  This is typically 2-5 days after the program airs.  If more than a week has passed, and you are missing On Demand episodes of FIRST RUN series. (Syndicates don't work this way,)  contact the host network at their website, or Social Media pages.  Give your name, city, state, and zip code and let them know the name of the show/series that has missing episodes.  Wait for a week though.

Satch