7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Re: on demand and tivo

The cable box/DVR should not have lag when changing channels etc.

I would encourage your father to contact support to check on signal levels 

and logs in the on board modem for that World Box.

He can contact our Social Media Customer Care team at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Helper

I will live without PPV access before give up my TiVo and use a 201 / 210 model box with Spectrum Guide. My dad just got Spectrum last month with a 210 box and it is super slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

Observer

good luck with that red!!! i spent all morning on the phone with tech support trying to get on demand to work and it being a no go. i called tivo themselves and the rep told me they do not support spectrum on demand yet and they don't know if they will!!! i brought that stuff back and to the store and the girl scanned it in to the computer. then she ran into the back room and came out with a world box. i was like oh no i want a 6 tuner box those world boxes are nightmares LOL

Helper

I'd really like to be able to order PPV from my TiVo. There are a few PPV events every year that I would order if I could which would be extra revenue for Spectrum. For big family functions (i.e. Pacquiao or Canelo fights) I used to pick up a basic Spectrum box for the weekend and return it on Monday but that is such a hassle.

Observer

i get on demand while i am in vegas using cox???

Proven Sharer

@krel_2018 wrote:

i wold really like to see the on demand service added for the tivo users. i have no idea why spectrum takes that feature away when i can get it with other providers???

There is no return on investment to program the Tivo to offer such service. If "On-Demand" is sent down to the consumer via IP, the Tivo doesn't support the protocol, and I am sure there is no ROI on trying to come up with a solution. I am a Broadcast Basic and ELP Internet subscriber, and I receive "On-Demand" programming using the Spectrum app / channel on my Rokus and my iPod touch.
Browser

@krel_2018 wrote:

i wold really like to see the on demand service added for the tivo users. i have no idea why spectrum takes that feature away when i can get it with other providers???

Spectrum has no interest in supporting cable card devices and I suspect once the cable card mandate expires you will see them disappear.  Charter Communication's did have a pilot program at one time with Tivo in their Texas market with a Tivo Premier that you had to lease from them that was able to use on demand and supported whole home DVR but that was discontinued.

Observer

on demand and tivo