9 REPLIES 9
Helper

Re: Keep being told Cable Card is not compatible with Spectrum (Migrating TWC to Spectrum)

@DoctorA wrote:

Just wanted to follow up with my issue.  Before giving up I called cable card support again and the agent looked at all and refreshed all.  Finally she said let me look at the signal strength of the tuning adapter.  She stated she saw date powered up but that it never worked at all!  This was after several reboots with a solid green light in the Cisco TA once rebooted.  I was trying to get Motorola TA but local store only had Cisco so tried it again.  On the FOURTH TA finally got one that worked.  I think it is necessary to have new equipment not refurbished to stop all this.  My latest TA was manufactured in 2014, others 2011.   

It is my understanding that if your area uses Cisco TAs then the Motorola ones will not work anyway. Also, Spectrum is buying minimal new stock of the Motorola and Technicolor (Cisco) tuner adapters due to their low customer use.

Browser

Re: Keep being told Cable Card is not compatible with Spectrum (Migrating TWC to Spectrum)

Just wanted to follow up with my issue.  Before giving up I called cable card support again and the agent looked at all and refreshed all.  Finally she said let me look at the signal strength of the tuning adapter.  She stated she saw date powered up but that it never worked at all!  This was after several reboots with a solid green light in the Cisco TA once rebooted.  I was trying to get Motorola TA but local store only had Cisco so tried it again.  On the FOURTH TA finally got one that worked.  I think it is necessary to have new equipment not refurbished to stop all this.  My latest TA was manufactured in 2014, others 2011.   

Browser

I am using TiVo Roamio Plus with cablecard and tuning adapter.  I receive all channels except HBO and Showtime premiums that I am paying for.  Called and told could be signal issue and recommended service visit.  Tech came out and tried everything including changing cablecard without resolving issue.  He feels is a coding issue whatever that is and needs to be handled by cablecard support.  I have lifetime Tivo service but if this is not resolved will have to go to different TV service since I will not rent DVR.  VERY frustrating.

Rookie

Very lucky @reds91185 !! 10 mins is prob the shortest.. usually its 30+ to get to the counter at the one near me.

Rookie

nope 100% Multistream (I have a tivo Bolt, which requires it)

i will try to get to a store... but just wanted 1000% confirmation that they are nuts and incorrect lol.

Thank you @James_M !!

Community Manager

@StaticFX , 

I apologize for the frustration.  I can confirm that CableCards are still supported and available.  I'm wondering if you might have an older S-Stream CableCard, because S-Stream is no longer supported and is not compatible when switching to Spectrum services from legacy services.  It would need to be swapped for a newer M-Stream CableCard.  To verify, you can first call CableCard support directly at 1-866-532-2598.  

Other customers have reported that visiting a local store is the most efficient way to handle any CableCard transactions.  They can also set you up with a Spectrum Pricing Plan.  If you need further assistance or are unable to get to a Spectrum Store, please let us know.  

Helper

I've seen some reports that the software  reps use don't give them the option to select cablecards in some instances...it's possible they just don't know where to look or it's genuinely not available to them.

I also see many reports of stores having long lines and wait times, but my local store is the opposite...I've never had to wait longer than 5-10 minutes even when busy. Maybe I'm just lucky Robot Happy

Rookie

it wasnt that she didnt try.. the rep tried to convert it but was told I had to swap for a box.. 

sigh.. I dont want to have to go to a store.. they take SOOOO long.

Helper

Unfortunately many reps and techs are simply not trained properly to deal with cablecards...as a cablecard user myself I understand the pain and frustration. Is there a local Spectrum store near you? If so, I highly recommend going there in person. When I switched to a cablecard it was very painless for me to do it that way and they were great.

Highlighted
Rookie

Keep being told Cable Card is not compatible with Spectrum (Migrating TWC to Spectrum)

Im in Rochester NY. About a year or so ago, i tried to migrate from TWC package to Spectrum package (to get the higher internet speed) but was told "Your cable card will not work with spectrum", by 3 different agents. I know this is not true, but didnt press the issue because I didnt want someone to mess things up. Well now there is no longer a TWC bundle and my bill is literally $320.... THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY!! So, I did the online chat and they said Cable cards are fine, but I needed to call 800-892-4357 to talk to someone to have my service migrated. Well after spending over and hour talking to Jean, once again I was told I need to go to a Spectrum store and swap my cable card for a box!!! WHO CAN I CONTACT to get this resolved!?? I cant pay this bill (because its more than my car payment!) , and obviously I know cable cards work on spectrum. I have talked to many other Tivo owners who switch from TWC to Spectrum with zero issue and no swapping (Not only that its an FCC Law! and... im posting in the spectrum cable card forum!) Not only that, but if you look in the vent holes in the DVR box, you can literally see the cable card.

PLEASE HELP!