4 REPLIES 4
Contributor

Re: Cable Cards, Tuning Adapters and Spectrum Choice TV

Yes I know its 720p....that's not a deal breaker as I wear glasses so I'm not exactly sure if I personally could tell the difference between 720p, 1080p or even 4K UHD for that matter.  The same goes for 5.1,7.1 Dolby Atmos, DTS, or whatever the latest,greatest shiny object sound codec is....I just use the 40W speakers in the Tv and let it be. Most of the times  when I purchase movies on Amazon Prime, I will buy the SD version just to save  $1.  Perhaps in a later version of PlayOn they will have 1080p or  4K.  It's only $30 for a lifetime subscription, and I've recorded a few shows to try it out and they look perfectly watchable to me. 

Highlighted
Sharer

Just be mindful the Play On media server (never tried the cloud version, just the standalone server) restricts you to 720p recording at best...

IF their auto patching doesn't break authentication, which seems to be happening more and more these days with certain channels. The plugins sites are defunct now too...only a few have been maintained by a couple users on their Google drive accounts, and it is hit and miss on their functionality as well.

If you haven't already, might want to also look at Plex. Haven't used it myself, but it seems to be a pretty popular platform as well.
Contributor

I've decided to take a look at PlayON.  https://www.playon.tv/

Helper

@rocketjetz wrote:

Is there any cablecard dvr solutions to dvr Spectrum Choice Tv channels?  SCTV runs as an app on my smart tv, and as an app on my Roku Premier.  Would a TA also be required in this case? Anybody know?

I am pretty certain that the Choice package is compatible with a Spectrum DVR or a retail CableCARD device like a TiVo or Home Run.  If you go the cablecard route a tuner adapter would be needed if any of the channels in your package are SDV.

Contributor

Cable Cards, Tuning Adapters and Spectrum Choice TV

Is there any cablecard dvr solutions to dvr Spectrum Choice Tv channels?  SCTV runs as an app on my smart tv, and as an app on my Roku Premier.  Would a TA also be required in this case? Anybody know?