Rookie

Where to return Apple TVs?

Cable finally came to my house.  All I wanted was internet, but the sales people talked me into the TV and Phone bundle.  I wanted wireless so they fixed me up with one dvr box and three apple tvs.  They told me I could cancel anytime - no contracts.  Installation was last Thursday, but Apple TVs didn't arrive until later that same day.  Set up one fine.  Started having problems with second one. Then neither worked.   Called tech support and after an hour of trying different things they couldn't get things going so they escalated it to "engineering" who would call back within 72 hours.  They didn't call back. All this was way too complicated for my wife and mother-in law.  So Monday I called to cancel tv and phone.  The Spectrum rep understood and cancelled telling me to return the equipment to the local Spectrum store.  I went to the store.  They took the DVR box but said they couldn't take the Apple TVs - I asked them where to send these and their computer would only tell them I had to call.  I called.  Another hour and they couldn't figure out where to return the Apple TVs!  So they suggested I bring them to a UPS store who has a contract with Spectrum.  However, they couldn't give me a return authorization number.  Does anyone know where to send the Apple TV devices?  

6 REPLIES 6
Lead Moderator

Re: Where to return Apple TVs?

Once the Apple TVs are opened it is my understanding that those can not be returned.

The Apple TV offer is a purchase not a lease, while the devices can be paid for or overtime with a payment plan, those devices are yours not Spectrums. 

The trouble you were having was with the Spectrum App or with connection overall?

If the problem is with connecting to the wireless, there may be an issue with the router or even with the connection of the modem to the network.

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Helper

If, for any reason, Spectrum won't take back the Apple TV devices, there is a pretty decent resale market for them.

Rookie

The telphone sales rep who took my order was very clear that I could return the Apple TVs at anytime during the 24 monthly period while I was making payments to stop the payments and that I didn't own them until after the 24 months.  I have my notes and you presumably have a recording of the call.  So where do I send these units?

Lead Moderator

If you will please contact us directly at  Forums_Help   with your account number and the address on the account we can forward this for review.  If you will also include the day of the call and the number you phoned in on it would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I don't see how to provide information like my account number privately on the forums help link you provided.

Lead Moderator

On the right side of the page you should have an option to private message us.

contactme.JPG