Helper

Spectrum TV app for Apple TV

I have seen Spectrum customers on various platforms report that the Spectrum TV app is now live for the Apple TV. I will check this out tonight for myself when I am home but wondering if there is any official word.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum TV app for Apple TV

@reds91185

The official word is: 

On Thursday, January 3, 2019, the Spectrum TV App will become available for download for customers that have a fourth generation or 4K Apple TV device, allowing customers with qualifying services to watch their favorite live and On Demand TV programming from Spectrum on Apple TV and providing an alternative to a traditional Spectrum receiver.  

Customers using their own Apple TV with the Spectrum TV App must be subscribers of a TV and Internet package and must have at least one Spectrum Receiver on their account.

The app is available to Residential customers with Internet and TV packages only. Spectrum Business, Spectrum Community Solutions and Enterprise customers are not eligible at this time.

Browser

So if we just have cable cards we are out of luck?  That seems a bit short sighted. 

Helper

@SASouth wrote:

So if we just have cable cards we are out of luck?  That seems a bit short sighted. 

I only have a cablecard and the app works for me just fine.

Browser

Not for me.  

Helper

@SASouth wrote:

Not for me.  

When you say "not for me" are you getting an error message or some other notification?

Do you also have Spectrum internet and have the Apple TV or other device connected to your home network?

Are you subscribed to a television package? EDIT: (I'm assuming the answer to this question is yes since you have a cablecard)