Newcomer

Re: Channels Freeze - Sound/Video off

There is an updated Spectrum app dated 3/25 from the Apple Store. Today was the first time I have successfully stream local channels without freezing,buffering, looping, and low resolution. The updated Spectrum app solved all the streaming issues with the local channels on AppleTv
Observer

I am having the same problems as the above subscribers with Spectrum stream on AppleTV. I recently switched to Spectrum's streaming service after using Hulu with Live TV.  Prior to that I used SlingTV. I had no problems with resolution, freezing, sync etc using those apps with my Spectrum WiFi. The problem must be with the Spectrum app as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, SkyNews, all stream perfectly on said wifi with no lag or poor resolution.  It is especially bad on local channels as others have said. I know the app is new(er), but perhaps an update is needed.

RetiredBandMan
Rookie

I have an issue where the sound is slightly out of sync, especially evident on ABC Ch7. No issues with other apps. Running the most current version and tried power cycling both the modem and router with no effect. Happens on two separate TVs using Apple TV 4K’s.
Not applicable

Not only do I have freezing and no audio.........

I brought back my cable box last week and went to the Spectrum app to save some money.  I use Apple TV.   The Spectrum app does not respond to my apple tv remote.  It's a generation 4.   I can "sometimes" get the guide and select a program, but once I leave the app and use another (Netflix) I cannot go back to the spectrum app.  It will only play whatever program was on previously.  Cannot get to the menu cannot get off the program...nada.   Eventually I have to delete the app and reinstall....with the same problem.   If by some chance it DOES go to the guide the remote is not able to select a program from the guide.  Doesn't respond to any action from the remote.   I should now mention that I have Netflix, Amazon, and many other apps on my TV that work flawlessly.   It's the app.  I called three times in my one week, and I get no where.  Their suggestion was that they have a "ticket" on it so keep reinstalling the app when I feel like "playing with it."......

Not applicable

Yes I do experience freezing on the Apple TV, but it plays nicely on my Apple iPad Pro.

Rookie

When using my spectrum tv app on Wifi and connected with Ethernet cord.  I try to use the guide and it will let me scroll up and down but not select the channel. When this happens I have to back out and close the app and then go back into the app for it to work. (This happens all the time...daily). I also experience the freezing and audio changes.... I’ve had 4 or 5 “Technicians “ out to my home to pretty much everything they can  be replaced was and still the same problems. There are problems with this app and they just don’t care or I haven’t found the person that does. I miss direct tv now and probably will be going back soon. 

Newcomer

I have the specturm app on my samsung TV.  The worst issue I generally run into is ONLY on the ESPN station that it will have the sound cut out and then the video will freeze.  This really doesnt happen on any other channels, but happens several times a day on this channel.  I think this is an issue with ESPN streaming thier services, but it is also a huge issue in general and one that spectrum should look to address with ESPN as it a problem for their subscribers