Browser

Re: Channels Freeze - Sound/Video off

So why do I never see these issues with DirecTV Now, Netflix, YouTube, NHL, and on and on and on. And why does it happen only on local channels? The problem is indeed in the app.

Browser

Here's the signal levels page.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 9.38.55 AM.png

Not applicable

I’m having the same problems, on local channels just as you state, and also don’t have any of these issues with Netflix, prime video, or Hulu. My beat guess is that the problem is definitely an issue with spectrum’s streaming capacity. I also have great cable modem signal, and my Speedtest results are always full capacity.
Browser

Here's a video showing what's happening. Sometimes a channel comes up black, but with audio. Sometimes they loop, as you'll see in the video. My43 keeps repeating from the same spot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R-5CWIkMdkUX1tmI4PpL3YvX2QUOoG1l/view?usp=sharing

Browser

This morning I restarted the modem and My43 is still looping at the exact same spot. Channel 9 is intermittently black or freezing while the audio continues. It's completely unwatchable!

Newcomer

Same problem here, local station streams seem to be most problematic. I can watch local stations using the Fox, CBS, or NBC apps without any problems. Appears to primarily affect the local station feeds when viewing via the Spectrum App. ESPN, TBS and other streams seem to perform ok with Spectrum App.

This has been occurring for past 3-4 weeks, very frustrating waiting for a “real” fix.
Rookie

I have exactly the same problem.  I get the "deju vu" syndrome as well, as well as freezing and image pixellation/buffering.  Watching a video and suddenly you're seeing video from 2-3 minutes ago.  Then it may freeze, then restart with the video and audio not synchronized.  Moving to a different channel for a few seconds and coming back seems to temporarily reset it.  It's random, but happens on both my Apple TV 4K streraming devices.  Only happens on the Spectrum app.  No other apps have these issues.  Also tried running the app via XBOX One and seems to run fine.  0ne Apple TV 4K is directly connected to the router, the other is wifi.  Have talked to support multiple times and filed a trouble ticket.  We'll see what happens.  Glad to see it's not just me.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Here's some additional feedback that Spectrum support can ignore and make addtional excuses... LOL!

When I use the Spectrum TV app on my Samsung television, which is hard wired to the same ethernet switch as my apple TV, the video is flawless. The Spectrum app on Apple TV is getting increasingly worse with the pixelating and repeating video.

Time for a fix!

Newcomer

I am also experiencing the same issue with Apple TV.  I have no problem streaming DirectTV Now, AT&T Watch TV, Discovery Go, History, Netflix, Amazon Prime on my Apple TV.   I recently signed up for Spectrum TV choice primarily because my TV antenna blew down on our last wind storm and I don't like DirectTV Now constant rate hikes.   I am able to stream the 10 choice channels WITHOUT any problems.    The local channels are another story; they constantly look blockly, video freezes while the audio still plays, alot of buffering and stream often replays the previous 15 seconds in loops.    When these issues occur on my AppleTV, I tried my iPad and Andriod phone at the same time and have no trouble streaming or viewing the same channel on either device.  I also performed a speed test to Rochester RIT server where you can see packet loss and always have over 110MB with no packet loss.  

There is a serious problem with streaming local channels on the spectrum app for the AppleTV;  the choice channels stream fine.    I hope Spectrum comes out with some fixes soon for the Apple TV.  I hope Spectrum come out with a fix soon for Spectrum app on Apple TV.

Rookie

Same issue is happening for me as well with only the local channels.  ESPN, TNT, TBS, HBO all seem to work fine when streamed on the app.  It's only an issue with local channels.  Previously streamed locals with Hulu, directTv, and Youtube tv with no problems.  Video will freeze or go black and the audio will remain.  I'm starting to lose my patience with the service and will most likely be installing an external antenna and switching to Sling if the issues can't get resolved.