Rookie

Channels Freeze - Sound/Video off

Does anyone experiance freezing while watching the Apple TV App?  Also, sometimes it will freeze, and then the audio and video will come back on but are not sync'ed.  This does not seem to be an internet problem as I clock speeds 400mb/s +.  I have an Apple TV 4k, all software is up-to-date and I have reinstalled the Spectrum app but continue to have problems. Also, when exiting the app, it takes a long time.

This app has lots of potential but is very buggy.  Really hoping Spectrum will release an update soon.

22 REPLIES 22
Community Manager

Re: Channels Freeze - Sound/Video off

I apologize for any poor experience.  I've provided a link to Apple TV Support that you may find helpful.

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Helper

I have not had any of these issues with my Apple TV while using the Spectrum TV app. I will say though that the app is not my main method of viewing so my experiences are somewhat limited.

I will ask anyway even though the Apple TV has some of the best wifi hardware out there... How is the Apple TV connected? Wifi or ethernet?  If connected via wifi, test it out on ethernet instead to see if the results are duplicated. That will at least rule out wifi as a variable.

Highlighted
Browser

Yes, I'm having the same problems intermittently. Just got TV Stream last week, primarily for getting local channels, since our antenna was destroyed in the last wind storm. I really like the way the guide works, and it's pretty good in general, but there are definitely problems with it. I've been streaming for years on the Apple TV, using Netflix, NHL, DirecTV Now, Pluto, etc., etc. But the only app that has problems is the Spectrum TV app. Video freezes from time to time while the audio continues. The only fix I've discovered is exiting the app and launching it again. Sometimes changing to another channel and going back works, but then I run the risk of getting stuck in a loop where the video AND audio keep going back to the same spot in the show until I actually shut down the app, the Apple TV, waiting a few minutes, and going back in.

Granted, this is a pretty new app and there's bound to be some problems. I hope they're addressed soon, though. I may have to fix my antenna!

Browser

Oh, I should have mentioned: I'm connected via ethernet.

Browser

This morning I'm having problems with every channel. Video freezes intermittently or goes in a loop until I exit the app and restart it. Then after a while it freezes again. Meanwhile, my other apps function perfectly, as usual. It just froze up as I was typing this. And this morning, some channels are very low resolution and pixelated. I'm definitely canceling this and fixing my outdoor antenna.

Lead Moderator

Good morning,

Although you are hardwired there still may be a connectivity issue. Are you able to view your modem logs? If you are seeing T3, T4 timeouts, service fallback issues or high correcteds and uncorrectable codewords that would cause issues with the App.

If you can post your modem logs and levels we can take a look. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

I've been streaming on the Apple TV for years. I'm adept at computing and networking. No other app has ever done this. The Spectrum TV app is quite obviously in need of work.

I went through every channel today and the freezing and looping problems happen only on the local channels, so you may want to pass this along to your technicians, who can hopefully fix this app, or I'm going to just say goodbye to it.

Browser

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 5.13.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-13 at 5.15.39 PM.png

Helper

@RykGroff 

You have signal issues...damaged coax or loose connections somewhere. Can you also post the modem's signal levels page? I'm 99% sure your problems are not being caused by the app.