Observer

mcafee is **bleep** software, I wish spectrum would discontinue it and lower my bill

It sucks that I tried to use mcafee, but its **bleep**, and I am paying for a suite I tried using but dont use, I wish spectrum would discontinue it and maybe my bill would be lower. I can't imagine if not mcafee spectrum would charge me for, maybe lifelock instead...

8 REPLIES 8
Trusted Helper

Re: mcafee is **bleep** software, I wish spectrum would discontinue it and lower my bill

@slinkywrench wrote:

It sucks that I tried to use mcafee, but its **bleep**, and I am paying for a suite I tried using but dont use, I wish spectrum would discontinue it and maybe my bill would be lower. I can't imagine if not mcafee spectrum would charge me for, maybe lifelock instead...

Yea,

Mcafee is bloated, only offering average protection.  I use Windows 10 with Adblock Plus and Windows Defender for security.  Works great!  And is lightweight.  I would uninstall everything related to Macafee.  Reboot your computer after that.  Type Windows Defender in the search box, do whatever it wants to do, and that's it!  You're done.  Your computer will boot much faster without McAfee.  Get McAfee off the system.

Satch

Observer

Re: mcafee is **bleep** software, I wish spectrum would discontinue it and lower my bill

i do use uBlock origin, and windows defender, but that bloatedness mcafee is still in the cost per month i pay to spectrum though
Observer

that's all i use is ad blocker for google chrome along with windows defender. never any issues or viruses!!! i had mcrappy years ago and it was a nightmare. i doubt they will lower the bill!!!

Highlighted
Observer

I use ublock but it seems they prempted many ad blockers by not allowing you to read content without disabling it first...
Contributor

I use windows defender and the free malwarebytes along with these browser extensions: avast online security, windows defender browser protection,ublock origin, malwarebytes browser guard, https everywhere and NordVPN.....and DoH...... 

Trusted Helper

@slinkywrench wrote:
i do use uBlock origin, and windows defender, but that bloatedness mcafee is still in the cost per month i pay to spectrum though

I have never taken the McAfee Suecurity Suite offered by Spectrum and it has never appeared on my bill or otherwise.  If you have an itemized cost for McAfee/ security suite on your bill, uninstall McAfee, go with Windows Defender, and call Spectrum to speak to Billing to have the McAee taken off your bill,

Allow up to 10 business days for the billing credit.

Satch

Observer

Thank you for your help
Observer

malwarebytes is a memory hog, especially its real-time protection, just keep the free one