Highlighted
Rookie

Very Odd Reoccurring Network issues; Ip spoof MAC spoof...?

About 2 months ago  I switched to spectrum from ATT. I have two xbox ones, a laptop, and a cell. Only the xboxs are connected and they are hardwired. I have the tm1602 modem and the RAC2V1A Router. We use the xbox's to only play COD WW2 and my wife watches hulu or Netflix. We have to the best of our ability configured our network to be secure. Our entire time since recieving our first ip address through spectrum we have been repeatedly DDOS. I have gone through 5-6 modems and routers provided by spectrum. Since about two weeks ago spectrum when I call to say ive been DDOS the try to log into the router or modem and cant. I will even factory reset. Last weekend iI  watched the logs and a bandwith usage meter track over 9 tb worth of data in 2-4 hours. THE ONLY THING CONNECTED WAS ONE XBOX ONE S. I don't KNOW What TO DO. I have some saved logs an email from an internet support agent showing like 200 devices bridged to my modem(this was over a month ago). From research ive kinda figured out what might be occurring by no means am I 100% some has our location or mac ids, they are using linux or python, the are bitcoin farming or selling and buying drugs, due to i think that they have set up a hidden xmo or json server that has full superuser access. What are my solutions to solving this. Spectrum, Microsoft/Xbox, and everyone says its not them and i cant do anything. PLEASE ANYTHING just need help. Ive factory reset everything and in process of full government wipe of computer and buying business router. ALL I want is to play my game without being kicked off. Its how i relax after 50+ Hour work week.

7 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: Very Odd Reoccurring Network issues; Ip spoof MAC spoof...?

Does anyone have advice or information or need more from me. I was ranked top 20 in the world for COD WW2. I'm not your average gamer kid freaking out about lag. This is in my opinion the most serious and blatant abuse of anon dark web hacking. Yet my ISP cant help or Microsoft. This goes beyond protecting anonimity when my paid for service is being used by who knows. Please any help or knowledge I can use to secure my network properly. 

Rookie

Also if I allow IPV6 network issues start almost immediately.

Proven Sharer

@TOOKERJA170 wrote:

Also if I allow IPV6 network issues start almost immediately.

Then logically you should turn off IPv6 and leave it off.  You don't need it on Spectrum's network.    

Lead Moderator

@TOOKERJA170

I will remind you to keep your posts friendly and on topic.  

Please see our forums guidelines HERE

If you are looking for direct support you can reach our Social Media Customer 

Care Team at:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

You are not contributing to my help. a message would suffice. you are showing favorite since this users blatant sarcasm and elitist attituded contributed nothing. stated a complete falsehood about ipv6. why are you posting and not helping. terrible moderator. 

Rookie

A COMPLETE ABUSE OF POWER AND DISREGARD FOR SOMEONE TRULY IN NEED

Lead Moderator

In review of @karlbeckman s post I do not see that he trying to be sarcastic or unhelpful. 

You mentioned that you only see the issue when using IPV6, although his

post did not provide you with further suggestions on how to resolve the problems

you are experiencing with your IPv4 address I do not believe it was intended

to be rude or offensive.

I have provided an alternate means of support. If you are not getting the 

help you were looking for via Peer to Peer you are able to contact us

directly.

I have no disregard for your plight. I apologize that you felt that way.

Forums are peer to peer support and we do remove posts that are found objectionable, that have been reported as abusive, and when they contain profanity. Our participants

are expected to conduct themselves in a friendly manner. 

If you would like direct support you may wish to contact us via

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums