Highlighted
Not applicable

Spectrum app - useless if can't use away from home

Why would I need took use the spectrum app if I can't watch my recorded shows or live shows on my iPad unless I'm on my home network?  If I'm at home, I'll watch it on one of my 10 TVs!  I would only need the app if I'm away from home.  I pay almost 400$ per month, I should be able to access my content when I'm traveling... Ridiculous

3 REPLIES
Newcomer

Spectrum TVChoice... ALMOST the magic bullet

Great idea.  If you add more sports channels like - MLB Network and NHL Network, SportsnetLA, Fox Sports 2 Prime Ticket... I would sign up in a second.  Right now with just NFL and NBC it's not enough for me to sign up for.

But, I'd be willing to pay for just FIVE channels if they were the right five channels, too!

Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum app - useless if can't use away from home

Poppy143 wrote:

I pay almost 400$ per month, I should be able to access my content when I'm traveling... Ridiculous

Content owners (the networks and their affiliates) don't see it that way.  They don't want you sharing credentials with your neighbors and family.  Their revenue model is based upon receiving an amount of money per cable household.  When credentials are shared, that becomes three or four households.

Professional sports teams are a completely different matter.  For example, the NFL has inked a deal with Verizon to be their official streaming partner, so you can't watch NFL games on the road unless you are a Verizon wireless customer.

If you really want to watch your content while on the road, I suggest you invest in a place shifting device, like a SlingBox.

Boz
Sharer

Re: Spectrum app - useless if can't use away from home

Poppy143 wrote:

Why would I need took use the spectrum app if I can't watch my recorded shows or live shows on my iPad unless I'm on my home network?  If I'm at home, I'll watch it on one of my 10 TVs!  I would only need the app if I'm away from home.  I pay almost 400$ per month, I should be able to access my content when I'm traveling... Ridiculous

No, it's not useless.  I have 5 TVs, but I only pay for 1 cable box.  The rest of the TVs have Roku devices that I got for $25.  Using the Spectrum TV app on the Roku on each TV,  so after 5 months, I've been saving $20+ each month by not having a cable box on each of the other 4 TVs.

Are you paying for a cable box on each of your 10 TVs, which would be a minimum of $50/mo?

If you replace seven of those cable boxes with a Roku and use the Spectrum TV app, you'd be saving $35/mo after 5 months, if you can get the Roku devices on a good sale like I did. 

I realize saving $35/mo might not seem like that much to someone that pays Spectrum $400/mo, but it is a lot to me, since I pay Spectrum only $135/mo for TV and internet!!