Highlighted
Observer

Getting a WUC-1002 error

Getting this error:

Service Unavailable

We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please try again.

If you contact us, please provide this error code: WUC-1002

Tried Chrome and Firefox. 

11 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Getting a WUC-1002 error

@bmaka3234

WUC-1002 is an entitlement error.  For assistance, please contact support directly.  

We can be reached at: 

Observer

What's an entitlement error?  It went away on its own.

Community Manager

I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved.  An entitlement error refers to a channel you are trying to access that you are not subscribed to, or not entitled to access.   This error can also occur when there are other issues within the network or system.  Please let us know if the issue returns.  

Not applicable

I get this message at least once a week!  Its getting really old to keep paying such high prices for services that cannot be used without errors!  Again today, I click to open and well what do you know I have an error WUC-1002 AGAIN!  So if it is the network then something needs to be fixed or the ones that continue to get this error should be getting reimbursed!

Established Sharer

@ABJordan2003 wrote:

I get this message at least once a week!  Its getting really old to keep paying such high prices for services that cannot be used without errors!  Again today, I click to open and well what do you know I have an error WUC-1002 AGAIN!  So if it is the network then something needs to be fixed or the ones that continue to get this error should be getting reimbursed!

Have you verified with Spectrum that the channel you are trying to view is truly part of the package you are subscribed to?  Sometimes there are subtle differences, such as subscribing to a given network on a basic SD channel, but trying to view the HD version on a different display device. 

Your viewing package must include the exact channel as well as the viewing resolution.  If you don't pay for an HD subscription, you can't expect to see channels in HD on your alternate viewing platform, whether it is using a CableCard, the Spectrum app, Roku, or a Firestick. 

If you suspect that your set top box is out of sync and needs to be reloaded, you can initiate this yourself.  Simply unplug the box for five minutes, then plug it back in and wait about ten minutes while it reloads the latest version of its internal software.  If that doesn't fix your issue you do need to call in for service.

Not applicable

I am also getting this message a lot recently.  It is so frustrating!  It is showing up just going to the watch.spectrum.net.  I am not trying to access any particular channel.  Makes me want to fire Spectrum!!!

Newcomer

This has been happening frequantly here. 

If it isnt this error message, the app will just load and load forever ending with a Sorry service not available message. Then after trying for 5 to 10 minutes, its back. Then at some point will have to go through all that again if left on for too long like a couple or so hours.

This is not due to anything at my end either, I have no issues with any other apps, and never had this many issues with Time Warner with their tv app which this one took over.

Rookie

@Gypsy749 wrote:

This has been happening frequantly here. 

If it isnt this error message, the app will just load and load forever ending with a Sorry service not available message. Then after trying for 5 to 10 minutes, its back. Then at some point will have to go through all that again if left on for too long like a couple or so hours.

This is not due to anything at my end either, I have no issues with any other apps, and never had this many issues with Time Warner with their tv app which this one took over.

Agree with you Gypsy. I'm getting this error regularly lately. An earlier reply says it's an "entitlement" error because I'm trying to access a channel I'm not allowed to access. It has nothing at all to do with channels I'm allowed to access. I just got it while watching MSNBC, which is part of my cable package. Either that or it is this error that is failing incorrectly.

Rookie

I've been intermittently having this problem all night.  Yes the channel is in my package.  I've also had it on other days.  Please fix it.