Highlighted
Spectator

Get rid of blue banner at bottom of screen in widescreen mode, please...!

How can I get rid of the blue area (It is like 1 1/2 inches high and it has info like the name of the program, volume control, expand screen, etc.) at the bottom of the screen when I watch TV online in widescreen mode? Sometimes it disappears but then it comes back...

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Get rid of blue banner at bottom of screen in widescreen mode, please...!

@ichray

The blue banner at the bottom of watch.spectrum.net is the navigation bar.  It is triggered by movement on the screen, usually by the mouse.  It can also be triggered by the touchpad on a laptop, or any action on a touchscreen.  

Spectator

Right, so is there any setting where I can call it up when I need it as opposed to it always being there more or less and disappearing (seemingly) arbitrarily for a few seconds and in general

limiting the viewing area in widescreen mode?

Community Manager

A single left click any where on the video stream will hide the navigation bar.  

Spectator

Yeah, but I think ultimately the secret is keeping your hands off the mouse once you start watching something...and I mean entirely OFF the mouse, not just not moving it (or THINKING you're not moving it!)...Thanks for the replies!