Browser

Re: CBS Network Missing from Channel Lineup

Just got off the phone with a Spectrum service representative.  They are allways nice and polite.  They restarted my modem remotely, again.  But, CBS KREM Channel 2 still does not show up on the online Spectrum TV app Guide.  I still have an open ticket.  I will call them again in a few days for another update.   I continue to wonder if anyone else in the Coeur d ALene / Spokane area is having a similar issue with missing CBS online.

Lead Moderator

If you prefer you can also contact our Social Media Customer Care team:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community For

Browser

I don't want to use Facebook or Twitter.  I am afraid it is just my home network that is having this issue.  If people weren't getting CBS through their boxes there would be a lot more complaints.   I don't want a decoder box.  I want to access my TV lineup through the Spectrum TV.com website, the Spectrum App and through my ROKU.  I guess other customers are getting all the channels they pay for.

Proven Sharer

Just to be clear about exactly what is missing: 

"I take the basic / starter package to get the network channels only, including CBS.  I only access TV via online and Roku.  I elected not to get a box when access became all digital." 

You say that your local CBS station KREM does not appear on Channel 2 of your Spectrum TV App Channel Guide.  You are NOT complaining that you can't watch CBS programming, just that you cannot find KREM in the guide??

Is it possible that Spectrum ghas recently switched to provide CBS programming from an independent  station, due to a dispute over cable carriage charges?  There have been several such instances out west where some local stations got greedy and have been dropped by one or more cable companies. 

Proven Sharer

Just to confirm what I THINK you have been saying: 

"I take the basic / starter package to get the network channels only, including CBS.  I only access TV via online and Roku.  I elected not to get a box when access became all digital.  All was fine until about the 20th of June.  CBS stopped showing up on my Guide.   Called for support and it has been six days and still CBS Network is missing.  So....I am paying for basic network TV and Spectrum is not delivering the product they advertise.  Anyone else missing channels from the lineup you are paying for when using the online Spectrum app?" 

Is your complaint that you can no longer find your local CBS station KREM listed on the SpectrumTV channel guide?  OR  Are you saying that you can no longer find any CBS programming viewable using the SpectrumTV app? 

You said you were previously a Spectrum customer until the recent digital encryption upgrade required you to rent a set-top box.  Do you recall seeing notices in your monthly bills from Spectrum that announced channel changes as part of the upgrade in your area?  And has anyone asked whether Spectrum decided to drop your local CBS station and substitute a different source of CBS network programming?  CBS might just be hiding in plain sight on a different 'channel' stream. 

There have been several disputes in the last 60 days where local stations got greedy with their demands for escalating carriage fees and therefore were dropped by one or more cable companies.  That's what happens when viewers decide they won't pay increasing broadcast TV retransmission fees being demanded by station operators who broadcast the same programming free to local folks who have their own antenna. 

Browser

In reply to Karlbeckman.  Yes, you are probably right.  Since all the other channels come through efficiently,  Spectrum must have a problem delivering CBS network content to online users.  I assume people with decoder boxes must still get CBS , or they would scream, too.  The basic package I subscribe to includeds all the basic such as CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS etc.  I don't watch any TV shows except for  PBS but I do watch the evening news and prefer CBS.  The only reason I have not dropped TV altogether is that I could still get the evening news on my laptops, IPad, and ROKU.    If Spectrum cannot really deliver even the basic networks via the online apps.  I will have to drop TV.   I will keep Spectrum Internet, because it is the only option for internet service in my area.   I live 40 miles from Spokane so antenna options  for TV do not work for me.  The frustrating thing is that the online delivery was working fine and then about 10 days ago CBS stopped showing up as an available channel on the online guide.

Browser

Called Spectrum support again this morning for the 5th time.  Still no news as to when, if ,CBS broadcasting will return to Spectrum TV's online/Roku lineup in the Northern Idaho/ Spokane area.  Very disappointing.  They shouldn't advertise delivery of your channel lineup online if they really can't deliver.  I will give Spectrum a few more days to restore the full TV channel lineup I am paying for.

Browser

I have now called seven (7) times over the last two weeks since CBS broadcasting KREM-2 out of Spokane Washington stopped showing up on the channel lineup for my area.  Very helpful service representatives have tried everything.  There appear to be no technical problems.  Unfortunately, KREM-2 CBS is not available through Spectrum TV online.  As this is one of the primary network broadcasters in my area that is supposed to be included in my basic package, I am understandably disappointed.

Browser

Just tried to cancel and was talked out of it.  If  I drop TV,  I lose the bundle discount on my internet and would have virtually no savings.  So, although I want the full set of channels that Spectrum advertises and that I pay for, I am satisfied that I am not paying much for the partial set of broadcast networks that I do get, so there is no point in dropping TV, at this time.