Rookie

Re: Whole House DVR Not Supported by Spectrum Cable

About a year ago, I decided to switch from DirecTv to Time Warner.  However, I read about one little quirk that made me wait - that with the Whole Home DVR you could only select shows to record from the main DVR, and could not do so from any remote receivers.   So I waited, and kept thinking about it, and finally decided that I can live with that flaw, and went to make the switch.  Now I find out that the Whole Home DVR is not even an option anymore, and the only think available is the DVRs that we had like 15 years ago?  Is that really the case?  

Established Sharer

KevinInOC wrote:

About a year ago, I decided to switch from DirecTv to Time Warner.  However, I read about one little quirk that made me wait - that with the Whole Home DVR you could only select shows to record from the main DVR, and could not do so from any remote receivers.   So I waited, and kept thinking about it, and finally decided that I can live with that flaw, and went to make the switch.  Now I find out that the Whole Home DVR is not even an option anymore, and the only think available is the DVRs that we had like 15 years ago?  Is that really the case?  

Yes, at this time Spectrum does not offer whole house DVR to new customers.

Rookie

What a hostile response. No need for that here - even when you are "expert" ranked. Your responses are all in the same tone - condescending and difficult. 

I have recently foudn that I am in the same situation. WH-DVR suddenly doesn't work. Calls to Spectrum reveal that it is "no longer offered" to new customers. Thats fine - but I have been a customer for 8 years straight. 

The first day a DirecTV or ATT tech can install, i will cancel service with Spectrum. 

Established Sharer

@nikkistitt  If you recently switched to a Spectrum plan then WHDVR isn't supported in most areas. A few people have reported that WHDVR was able to carry over when switching to Spectrum, but that seems to be the exception. 

I lost my WHDVR and there supposedly was no way to put it back. I spent hours on the phone.. It all started when I called TWC to try to lower my rate (after it had gone up by $50). They told me the only way to do so was by moving to Spectrum and that nothing would change. They switched me over on the phone (before I could even really research anything) and despite their claims that nothing would change, the whole house DVR was gone. No way to get it back supposedly either. I was so angry.

Expert

THe DirecTV Uverse change is also full of lies and deceptive practice.

They only allow 2 streams to a customer.

The internet service for the bundle is a 6 or 11 meg downstream and 600k or 1 meg upstream .

Equipment provided is a 5+ year old 2 wire ADSL modem that has an obsolete 10/100 base lan side interface and only a single, not bonded pair connection to the pole.  6 megs CANNOT support a single 4k stream, it barely supports a 1080 stream, much less 2 streams. It also has HORRIBLE wifi coverage and won't "cast" betyween devices and the 2017 model TV's worth a darn....

And I thought TWC was bad...

Newcomer

Just left Dish Network for Spectrum ,because of difference in price .Safed a lot of money for a year ,but lost whole house dvr.Wow what a difference from Dish.Like going from a Bentley to a Corvair.Dish is so much more advanced,but a lot more expensive.I quess if your want a better product you have to pay for it.

Newcomer

I've had the same issue with Spectrum.  Really wished I hadn't called them in the first place.  My bill went up as well, so I called to see about possible way to reduce my monthly bill.  What i was told on the phone and what the technician did were not the same.  I'm not very satisfied with SPECTRUM at all.  Their customer service is VERY lacking!!!   I WOULD NOT recommend changes with them unless you absolutely have to.  You'll lose features and will not get the customer service you did with Time Warner.