Highlighted
Rookie

Why can't I connect to a hotspot they say that there is a lot in my area but I cannot connect

2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Why can't I connect to a hotspot they say that there is a lot in my area but I cannot connect

In my market, have to make sure you are trying the right ones... phone picks up residential and business lines that your Spectrum ID and password will not work on.

In our case, it is either CableWifi or the legacy TWC-Wifi networks. Some newer SpectrumWifi networks have started showing up in the same areas, but haven't tried them yet.

Most of them are only available in specific sections of town too... like, near a popular shopping center and such. It isn't necessarily going to be widespread coverage. Some of them have a good 5 or 10 minute drive between them in our area.
Lead Moderator

Re: Why can't I connect to a hotspot they say that there is a lot in my area but I cannot connect

I would encourage you to check out WiFi Finder App and some general WiFi Hotspot FAQs here:  Internet FAQs  You will find a plethora of information in the WiFi Hotspots section toward the bottom. 

You will find lots of information about the app and the WiFi we offer.  

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums