Browser

web page hijacked by TWC

Has anyone had this happen?  I am on a webpage such as Facebook or a game and all of a sudden a TWC page pops up to take their internet/modem survey. They completey take over the page I was on and I lose everything I was doing on that site.  I have all kinds of antivirus, I did a full scan and found nothing......If TWC/Spectrum did in fact hyjack my computer with their frickin survey...SHAME on them!  That has to be against the law.

4 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: web page hijacked by TWC

The only pages you may receive pop ups or survey requests from us are here

in the Forums, for a survey, or on our main page as an offer to chat with an 

agent.

If you are receiving other pop ups, survey requests or offers for 

prizes from us for filling these out, they are not ours and we would 

suggest you do not fill them out and do a full scan on your computer.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Expert

clear the cache in your browser and cookies

Boz
Sharer

[ Edited ]

Caribbrz wrote:

Has anyone had this happen?  I am on a webpage such as Facebook or a game and all of a sudden a TWC page pops up to take their internet/modem survey. They completey take over the page I was on and I lose everything I was doing on that site.  I have all kinds of antivirus, I did a full scan and found nothing......If TWC/Spectrum did in fact hyjack my computer with their frickin survey...SHAME on them!  That has to be against the law.

I have never experienced this.  What you describe sounds a lot like some kind of malware has infected your web browser and/or computer.  Are you sure your antivirus definitions are up to date?

By the way, since you say you "have all kinds of antivirus", it is possible that they may be interfering with each other.  You should never have more than one real-time antivirus software installed/active on any one computer.

@Carlbbrz I have had this happen when I played Farmville 2. I ran malwarebytes and it didn't pick it up. What I did do was download an extention to Chrome that reroutes & blocks websites. The next time it popped up I copied the address, opened the extension, added it to the list, and boom..no more issues.