Rookie

The super-annoying yellow bar (myservices)

The browser check might not be fully properly implemented, because even this browser (which ostensibly is in the "supported" list) gets the bar.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.110 Safari/537.36 OPR/36.0.2130.65

2 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: The super-annoying yellow bar (myservices)

I get that message on my work PC because we don't regularly have our browsers updated until IT knows for sure there are no issues with new updates and our current systems, but my home PC which I update my browser regularly does not get the message. You're 100% sure you have the most recent version of your browser installed?

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Rookie

Re: The super-annoying yellow bar (myservices)

Yes, it says it's up to date, still is  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.110 Safari/537.36 OPR/36.0.2130.65

So I'm very sure it's the most up to date.  Yet apparently whoever set it up didn't account for the ID string not being exactly what they wanted, whatever that is.   There's also no way to directly feedback about it on the page (sloppy and lazy IMO) and more importantly, no way to permananetly acknowledge you read what they had to say and then disable the message we no longer want to see.

For those of us who don't care what is though about which browser we're using, not being able to shut off the banner is a bigger issue than whatever they're using the browser id for and however they're using it.   Ostensibly supporting the browser or not.