Participant

Internet Running in reverse

Let me try and get this in before my internet stops completely , I'm paying $10 extra a month for the 100 speed that all the new customers get for free , and I'm running my own modem and router top of the line , not that free crap U get that's 5 yrs old already , I've tested last night and all day today I am wireless of course and I know that cuts the speed as it only show 50  top , well heck I can't even get to 10 on the 50 scale , what in the heck is going on are we back on dail up before 007 took over it was a heck of a lot better from TWC , I'm Paying enough for it that's for sure , but if it's gets any slower it just as soon quit , been Praying for Att -U Verse or ATMC to come into my neighborhood so I get gone from 007 after 12 yrs of being loyal and not getting a thing for it but a higher bill from 007 ----Edward Kittrell 

10 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Internet Running in reverse

Copy and paste the modems signal and error log pages.

60/6 svc is $60 a month and 100/10 is $100 a month.

What speed do you measure on a wired connection to TWC's speedtest site which is at their RDC you're on.

ps. ones near me in Columbus Ohio, and my speed on a 20/2 svc varies from 22/2.2 to 12/2.1 so there is major issues right in their system.... It also took near 5 minutes to load the page and the speedtest "flash" player run/ AP...yester day.

Valued Contributor

Also list your general location.  In Los Angeles I am still on a legacy TWC plan and I did take the $10 less to go from 100/10 to 60/6.  When I check (usually busy times, nights/weekends), I see more than that speed each time.  Each area and TWC vs. Spectrum plan in same area can be different.

/Dan

Participant

Hey Thanks , for any help last 3 days my wireless won't get above 10 out of 50 and I'm paying for a 100 speed , maybe I can cut back to the Welfare $19.95 that went up $5 dollars this month it's got to be faster than what I'm paying for --Edward Kittrell 

Participant

Hey Thanks for any help , running one of the best routers and modems out there , it's 11.30am and the 4 th day the speed test will not get above 10 on the 50 scale , and I'm paying for A 100 speed , U think I can go back to welfare Internet $19.95 a. Month I know it just went up $5 a month but I think I can get at least 10 speed out of it , there's no sense to keep paying $159.00 a month for my service if I'm not getting it ---Edward Kittrell 

Established Sharer

What speeds do you receive when direct connected to the modem?

Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

Kittrell wrote:

Hey Thanks for any help , running one of the best routers and modems out there , it's 11.30am and the 4 th day the speed test will not get above 10 on the 50 scale , and I'm paying for A 100 speed , U think I can go back to welfare Internet $19.95 a. Month I know it just went up $5 a month but I think I can get at least 10 speed out of it , there's no sense to keep paying $159.00 a month for my service if I'm not getting it ---Edward Kittrell 

Lowering your incoming speed won't change anything, and would just make the speeds you are receiving over wifi even less. The issue is not the speed you are paying for but the connection coming to the modem. If you gave us your signal level pages we could probably pinpoint the problem and we could give you helpful tips on what to do to resolve the issue.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Participant

Didn't think it could get any worse but Paying for a 100 Speed and tonight couldn't even get 5 yes 5 , Speed has drop from 15 during the day to almost nothing at night, and paying for a 100 Speed each month , I'm using wireless and under stand it a little slower but dang it's almost quit, before 007/ Spectrum took over I could get about 45 or 48 out of 50 , with TWC where is all that great service at , I guess it's in my bill each month  , This crap I've got my dial up 25 yrs ago was faster , does anyone from 007 read any of these comments or do any checking on them , boy I wish I had any choice I'd be gone so fast and I'm waiting for that day now 

Established Sharer

The technical support forums are peer-to-peer groups and the people providing assistance are almost totally customers like you, not TWC or Spectrum employees.  I don't recall seeing anyone here using the name 007. 

If you are willing to post some technical information stored in your modem and then run a few tests, we probably can determine the most likely causes for your slow internet service.  But as you'll read  here about once a week, "We aren't mind readers," nor can we read your modem's log files.  We prefer not spending extra time on complaints when the customer isn't willing to assist us. 

Expert

Copy and paste the modems signal and error log pages.