list of incoming calls and calls blocked by nomorobo

I'm considering using nomorobo with my twc phone.  Searching here leads me to believe that others have had concerns similar to mine: nomorobo apparently does not provide a list of blocked calls;  my twc phone does not provide a list of incoming calls. From what I've found here these issues have not been addressed.  Can someone report on the status of these issues?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: list of incoming calls and calls blocked by nomorobo

oldcellist wrote:

I'm considering using nomorobo with my twc phone.  Searching here leads me to believe that others have had concerns similar to mine: nomorobo apparently does not provide a list of blocked calls;  my twc phone does not provide a list of incoming calls. From what I've found here these issues have not been addressed.  Can someone report on the status of these issues?

Thanks.

Hello,

If you have Spectrum Digital Cable with Spectrum Phone, you will need to go to "My Account" to activate Nomorobo."  When you do that, provided that you have Caller ID on TV turned on in box settings, you will see the name and number associated with the block call by checking your Call Log on the box.

Blocked calls will ring once and than be terminated by Nomorobo.  My inquiry would be, if the calls are being successfully blocked, why would you want a list of blocked calls?  I can tell that Nomorrobo has stopped over 220 million robocalls!  Here is the website:

https://www.nomorobo.com/

You can turn on Nomorobo from Spectrum's "My Account" services.  Make sure that you say yes to "Answer Anywere."  Both Nomorrobo and Answer Anywhere are needed for Nomorrobo to work.  I would also recommend activating Call Blocker Basic.  This will provide an excellent level of protection against spammers and telemarketer calls.  Make sure to save your changes in "My Account" when activating the service.

Satch

Satch wrote:

oldcellist wrote:

Thanks.

Hello,

If you have Spectrum Digital Cable with Spectrum Phone, you will need to go to "My Account" to activate Nomorobo."  When you do that, provided that you have Caller ID on TV turned on in box settings, you will see the name and number associated with the block call by checking your Call Log on the box.

Blocked calls will ring once and than be terminated by Nomorobo.  My inquiry would be, if the calls are being successfully blocked, why would you want a list of blocked calls?  I can tell that Nomorrobo has stopped over 220 million robocalls!  Here is the website:

You can turn on Nomorobo from Spectrum's "My Account" services.  Make sure that you say yes to "Answer Anywere."  Both Nomorrobo and Answer Anywhere are needed for Nomorrobo to work.  I would also recommend activating Call Blocker Basic.  This will provide an excellent level of protection against spammers and telemarketer calls.  Make sure to save your changes in "My Account" when activating the service.

Satch

@Satch Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

Let me first say that I'm a total newbie with TWC phone.
Basically, 'no one' knows the TWC phone number and I just
want to be sure I understand how nomorobo works before I
start giving this number to people such as my medical
providers. I hope that answers your question to me: "My
inquiry would be, if the calls are being successfully
blocked, why would you want a list of blocked calls?"

You stated "...When you do that, provided that you have
Caller ID on TV turned on in box settings..."

I have already activated nomorobo but when I go to VoiceZone
Settings>Nomorobo, I don't see anything about "box settings."
Should I be looking elsewhere within My Account for "box
settings?"

Thanks.

Trusted Helper

oldcellist wrote:

Satch wrote:

oldcellist wrote:

Thanks.

Hello,

Satch

@Satch Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

Let me first say that I'm a total newbie with TWC phone.
Basically, 'no one' knows the TWC phone number and I just
want to be sure I understand how nomorobo works before I
start giving this number to people such as my medical
providers. I hope that answers your question to me: "My
inquiry would be, if the calls are being successfully
blocked, why would you want a list of blocked calls?"

You stated "...When you do that, provided that you have
Caller ID on TV turned on in box settings..."

I have already activated nomorobo but when I go to VoiceZone
Settings>Nomorobo, I don't see anything about "box settings."
Should I be looking elsewhere within My Account for "box
settings?"

Thanks.

Hi,

Box settings would be on your cable box.  If you have the Navigator Guide, this is Spectrum's newest guide.  (Black background on the screen.)  You can activate box settings by pressing Settings on your Remote Control, than scroll to "Caller ID."  You can turn the Caller ID prompt on and off.  You can also review calls that come in in your Caller Directory.

Note two things about Spectrum Digital Phone Service:

1.) You must have Spectrum TV and Digital Phone  to get Caller ID on TV.

2.) New or swapped boxes and new phone installations may take up to 24 hours for Caller ID on TV to activate.

When you press Settings on your remote, you will see options for for Set Up and Call Log:

Set Up:  Turns the Caller ID Prompt on-When on Calls that come in will show on screen when you are watching TV.  With the prompt off, you won't see the calls come in, but they will still be recorded by your converter.

Call List: Displays a Directory of your incoming calls.  You can press Select on your Remote to take action on a call.   You can erase it from the list.  Use the arrow keys to move the indicator.

Nomorobo calls like I said, will only show in the list, but when Nomorobo is activated in my Account, the calls will be dropped after the first ring.  Only Telemarketer and Spammer calls are blocked.  School Closings, weather emergencies, pharmacy, and doctor's office recordings are always allowed through.  No more political calls either!

We have had Nomorobo activated for two years and have not had a single spam call get through.  It's amazing!

Satch