Contributor

Re: VZ_Enhanced stop working

Seems there was an earlier post that actually had some responses and requests for information from some Spectrum reps, but it appears to have dissapeared. I was asked yesterday for some details concerning my OS version, if I had received any updates lately, and a suggestion to try changing the program's Properties/Compatibility settings to see what happened (which I did multiple times with no luck). The only things that occured prior to the issue was a Microsoft Office update and a reboot that I can see looking at my event log. It was immediatly after the reboot that VZC and VZE would no longer allow me to log in.

Seasoned Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got this error message again!

Authentication Failed.

• Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Mine stopped working on June 1, there was no operating system update involved.  I am stuck on Windows 10.1, Build 10586.679, 1511.  My laptop is on 1607.  Several attempts to update to 1607 have failed, two attempts were by MS techs.  After a long install process, the system always reverts back to 1511.  Hav had no updates to any Windos products since November 2016, leaving my desktop computer vulnerable.  All this aside, the VZE program has not worked since June 1 and and is probably no longer supported by Spectrum.  They won't tell me that as they know I will bail out and get cheaper TV, Voice, and internet service.

Contributor

I just received this note from a Spectrum rep:

"Thanks for your patience.  I do have a bit of an update.  We gathered information from customers, including your information, and forwarded that information to our engineers.  They are currently investigating.  While they hope to come up with a work around, they did advise that the app was decommissioned in October 2016, so there is limited support for the app. " 

I do know that the ability to download the app from the TW/Spectrum website ended some months back, but I also saw some text somewhere stating that the app would continue to function. The wording "there is limited support for the app"  could lead one to beleive that they have actually disabled VoiceZone Connect.

I'm guessing that VZC either may not be compatible in it's present form with the Comcast infrastructure, or that Comcast has (or is coming up with) a similar app that is not yet funtional of the Time Warner infrastructure.

Browser

Spectrum spokesperson needs to provide a straight answer with a projection on when the issues will be corrected for those of us that depend on the app/service.  Recently, they are reducing services and not communicating the changes.  They are not to big to fail.

Browser

Update, as of 8:00PM on 6/28/17, I can see calls and recent calls again on VoiceZone Connect.  Down for basically two weeks, voicemail still does not work. 

Thank you Spectrum !

Contributor

I just checked mine and it also appears to be working fine. Mine had been down since 6/4.

Seasoned Contributor

Mine also is working - ramair

Contributor

Well this is a pleasant surprise. One month of downtime is ridiculous though.

Seasoned Contributor

Down again!  Didn't work very long!

Seasoned Contributor

Tried new version dated today, still does not work.  Looked at message log, shows "ERROR CCS:not acceptable".  Help Eric!