Rookie

VZ_Enhanced stop working

Anybody know why VZ_Enhanced stops working. It worked for several days after latest upgrades and then just stopped on June 1, 2017. I downloaded and ran the latest version and it does the same thing; freezes at the login screen. I have documentation for username and password, which I re-entered without success.
32 REPLIES
Seasoned Contributor

Re: VZ_Enhanced stop working

This happened to me this morning after I rebooted my computer.  I have emailed Eric the programmer to ask for help.  I suspect it is a Charter/Spectrum issue, they will no longer support VZE.  If that is the case they will lose a long-time customer, as that feature has kept me from going to a much cheaper AT&T U-verse TV, internet and home phone package deal.

Rookie

Thank you.  Good idea to ask Eric.  Please post any thing you find.  Go Getum

Contributor

Neither VZ Enhanced nor VoiceZone Connect are working at the moment. One of the servers that's responsible for the login procedure is not functioning properly.

Fingers crossed that they're not discontinuing the service. For now, we can only wait for them to fix it.

Spectator

I hope there is some way to keep using VZ_Enhanced with TWC/Spectrum. TWC's VoiceZoneConnect was a helpful app, but not nearly as useful as VZ_Enhanced.

Without VZ_Enhanced, I have little reason to stay with TWC (now Spectrum). Their service is intermittent and problematic, and they continue gradually ratchet up the price for their mediocre service.

Time to start looking for another provider.

Seasoned Contributor

I will be leaving TWC and going to AT&T/DirectTV at half the monthly cost.  My son just did that and if VZE is not restored, I am gone!  VZEnhanced is the only thing keeping me on TWC now.  NOMOROBO is helpful, but not nearly as good as being able to control all incoming calls, blocking entire area codes, forwarding callers to other scammers, etc.  I have logged over 1000 (one thousand) scam callers (different numbers) in the past two years.  Most are blocked or forwarded.  Now however, they continue to ring unless NOMOROBO gets them.  Fed up with TWC/Charter.

Contributor

Just called TW support and they said they are aware of the issue and that it has something to do with the login procedure and matching services with the login. Apparently they have received enough calls to increase the "priority level" of the repair procedure.

I hope they get this fixed, as VZ Enhanced is a "Must Have" feature for me, and one of the only things keeping me from going with "The Other Guys".

Seasoned Contributor

I was eventually able to log into VZE today, but a test revealed it was still not logging my calls or blocking them.  A little progress, maybe?

Contributor

Still unable to log in on my end with both VZC and VZE. A Spectrum chat rep stated that they are dropping the service, but I wasn't able to get it clear if he meant just the ability to download the VZC app (which I found out last week), or the service itself (he was a bit off on his English).

A note that I got yesterday from a Spectrum forum rep indicated that they are aware of the issue and "it is being worked".  I certainly hope that Spectrum would not make the bad decision to drop supporting this service!

Seasoned Contributor

Every time I try to add more comments the system says "authentication failed", after I have typed harsh criticism of Spectrum.  Funny, this never happened before.  Trying again:   I chatted with a rep a few days ago and threatened to cancel my $188 per month cable/internet/phone and go to AT&T at half the cost, if they do not get VZE working again.  That feature is keeping me with TWC (Spectrum) as I have over a thousand numbers blocked and/or forwarded to other scammer numbers.   The rep told me they are aware of it and working to solve the problem and get the service back up and running.  BS!  It has been down since June 1.