Rookie

Star net Scam calls from 9174233933

A quick google search will find this caller ID and number has been and still is contacting TW customers to steal personal information.

The caller claims to be a TW rep.

This has been going on for more than a year.

I know I can block this number and have done so.

Why does TW let customers be abused like this?

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Star net Scam calls from 9174233933

They're offshore and punking caller id as well.... nothing can be done other than ignore them

just like the political and medicare scammers

Helper

Denrich wrote:

A quick google search will find this caller ID and number has been and still is contacting TW customers to steal personal information.

The caller claims to be a TW rep.

This has been going on for more than a year.

I know I can block this number and have done so.

Why does TW let customers be abused like this?

Hi Denrich,

It is very hard to stop scam calls.  My advice to you would be to go to your Digital Phone Settings in "My Account" Turn on Nomorerobo, say yes to "Activate Answer Anywhere" and save your changes.

With Nomorrobo activated, calls that are scammy are dropped after the first ring so the caller can't leave a message.  The number will still show on Caller ID on TV, but not on the Caller ID for your phone.  We love this feature, and since activating it last year, cannot recall a single unwanted call getting through the system.

If you have activated Nomorrobo, and this number shows up more than once on Caller ID on TV, please contact TWC by sending a direct message PM through this forum along with some account information.  Send the account information and the number in question to @TWC_ForumsHelp and ask them to open up an investigation into this number if Nomorrobo does not stop it.  (Nomorrobo should block it.)  Let TWC know via the above PM message method if it does not so that an investigation can begin.

Satch

Rookie

Yes something can be done.

TW has to do it.